Bread (Ramsey Bakery)

Flossie

And this is bad news how? Worst "bread" I've ever tasted...

Plus one, I don't know if they do a similar bread product in Germany Amadeus but when I stay in Austria the breakfast rolls (like a crusty cob on the IOM) are one of my highlights of the holiday, mmmmmmmmmmm so fresh, so crusty and light and they just melt in the mouth when spread with Philadelphia and/or jams.

They have a pattern on the crust, do you know what I am talking about? They appear mass produced but no worse tasting for that and a lesson to Ramsey Bakery. What are they called, if you know?

The good old Kaisersemmel I guess? http://de.wikipedia....ki/Kaisersemmel

Just leaving for Munich, where I will have some of them, and Brezen, and Bauernbrot, and Vollkornbrot and loads more tasty stuff .... w00t.gif

There were quite a few bakeries in Douglas,and everyone of them did good business,with a population of around 44,000 on the Island it was amazing really how many there were.

Manx Co-op West View,Quirks back Strand Street,Cowins Hill Street Lane,Elders Kensington Avenue,Crossleys Prospect Hill,Cannells Duke Street,Oates and Quayles Harwarden Avenue,Caleys shop Barrack Street,In Strand Street there were two Pork Butchers who made wonderful pies,Porky Gray was one,all of them the products were always fresh and no E factors ETC,sadly now all gone.

Edited by EORH

There were quite a few bakeries in Douglas,and everyone of them did good business,with a population of around 44,000 on the Island it was amazing really how many there were.

Manx Co-op West View,Quirks back Strand Street,Cowins Hill Street Lane,Elders Kensington Avenue,Crossleys Prospect Hill,Cannells Duke Street,Oates and Quayles Harwarden Avenue,Caleys shop Barrack Street,In Strand Street there were two Pork Butchers who made wonderful pies,Porky Gray was one,all of them the products were always fresh and no E factors ETC,sadly now all gone.

What was the one on Broadway? Used to love their pies.

Ramsey Bakery bread is bad stuff and over priced , (£1.54?) , i always buy my bread from Tescos or M&S when ever possible , i only get Ramsey Bakery bread if im shopping at my local shop as thats all they stock .

I heard stories recently about Ramsey Bakery freezing bread ? apparently they are not allowed to do this and have been told off in the past for it but they continue to do so ?