Bray Hill Roadworks

Jack from Laxey

TT Message Board

Bray Hill Closed

Posted By: A Wee Bird Told Me (host80.65.243.203.manx.net)

Date: Thursday, 28 April 2005, at 10:54 p.m.

Due to the complete collapse of the main drains at Bray Hill, the 2005 TT Course will be diverted from St Ninian's. The new course will take the race along Ballanard Road, turning left at Abbeylands Crossroads, and rejoining the old course at Union Mills.

It is no coincidence that this move will free up the bottleneck at the South Quay during racing. Quarterbridge will be able to remain open throughout the fortnight, easing congestion and reducing any upset to the anti-TT lobby.

A similar (coincidence???) story is developing at Ballabeg where "work on sewers" has closed the main road completely and has the potential to "spill over" onto the S100 Course.

Any comments from anyone on this?

Due to the complete collapse of the main drains at Bray Hill, the 2005 TT Course will be diverted from St Ninian's. The new course will take the race along Ballanard Road, turning left at Abbeylands Crossroads, and rejoining the old course at Union Mills.

Hahaha, quality little conspiracy theory there!

I strongly suggest the author or anyone for that matter rings the Department Of Transport on Tuesday and tells them everything he wrote. Then they'll have a good laugh as well.

Why would everything need to be a conspiracy? Couldn't people just come out and say "Hey chaps/chapettes, it's really not practical to race down Bray Hill this year with all the other road works we've got on the go. How about marketing a new TT this year based on an old route to spice things up a little? Do you think we could pull it off?"

But no that couldn't happen could it? Far more likely that some dodgy civil servant is skulking around 'the hill' in blackout gear late at night dumping sika laden concrete down the drains.

Wow, did u say there was a Ninja running around Bray Hill and the adjacent area filling the drains with quick setting sika laden concrete.

I heard these Ninjas were working all around the T.T course filling the drains with said concrete. I heard they're doing this because they've been offered a below inflation pay rise this year.

Bray Hill Closed

Aren't there speedbumps on the road down to Union Mills. That's my viewing spot sorted for this year then :D

Well come on guys get with the times, sika infested concrete that was last year, this year they are using the bankrupt tubes of fix foam that pvc windows are getting rid off.

Got to hand it to them ninjas they know a bargin when they see it lol

Archived