Money In Manx Banks At Risk ?

jeffontherock

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh dear this is a truly depressing topic, fear rears an ugly head in people

Hah!

Try watching the movie 2012 and you'll see some ugliness and a few boats that are able to withstand big waves

last time i take a film recommendation from someone on an internet forum, just wasted two and a half hours of my life watching 2012 which can only be described as shit.

You know this is the way it would go, survival of the fittest

I agree that this is a very real risk but it doesn't have to be that way, not if we all look to our enlightened self-interest. We have all to gain from co-operation rather than to sink to a survival of the fittest world. A bit of foresight should convince people of this.

No amount of foresight would would convince people,

which ever way you look at it, there will allways be 1 or 2 that want it all for themselfs, just look back in history to see that.

Which is why building a community is vital, to act as a deterrent against the idiots who fail to see the bigger picture.

I think your community idea is not quite going to work.

The human form in all its glory!!!!

oh dear this is a truly depressing topic, fear rears an ugly head in people

Hah!

Try watching the movie 2012 and you'll see some ugliness and a few boats that are able to withstand big waves

last time i take a film recommendation from someone on an internet forum, just wasted two and a half hours of my life watching 2012 which can only be described as shit.

Sorry, forgot to mention that part

The latest episode of the Keiser report which perfectly sums up how stuffed the UK is once the debt focus comes across the channel instead on the european countries. If you haven't got 25 mins then fast forward to 12:40s onwards to get to the point.

http://rt.com/progra...226-max-keiser/

I thought this was quite interesting. Max certainly likes to stick it up em (US & UK)

The latest episode of the Keiser report which perfectly sums up how stuffed the UK is once the debt focus comes across the channel instead on the european countries. If you haven't got 25 mins then fast forward to 12:40s onwards to get to the point.

http://rt.com/progra...226-max-keiser/

Apart from his nasal voice, I thought the information was quite staggering and particularly was interested in time frame 25.12

(Max) What would happen if the UK economy suddenly began to obey the law? Would the UK economy crash immediately, or would it crash over a period of a few months?

(Prof Steve Keen) I think you're talking of about 3 and a half minutes. You're talking of a debt level of 600% of GDP, they're so dependant on the debt level rising to keep the mechanics................ and so on.

He might have a character that some find annoying but he is, and has been for years, bang on the money with what's happening financially in the world. By watching one episode of the Keiser Report a week you'll learn infinitely more than by watching the mainstream news channels and reading the mainstream press every single day.

He might have a character that some find annoying but he is, and has been for years, bang on the money with what's happening financially in the world. By watching one episode of the Keiser Report a week you'll learn infinitely more than by watching the mainstream news channels and reading the mainstream press every single day.

I might just do that as it certainly seemed insightful

I might also look at removing what little I have in my banks, but what do you do with it? Do you keep it in the house, put it in a safe bank (if there is one) where you know if the brown stuff hits the fan in the banking world, at least you can get your money back.

What is the best thing to do with my money? Buy gold, silver, £1 coins, keep £50 notes?

"What is the best thing to do with my money? Buy gold, silver, £1 coins, keep £50 notes?"

spend them on dried and preserved foods, medical supplies, water filters then buy extra to use as barter items. gold may go down in value as traders liquidate their gold holdings to fund losses and margin calls on stocks, bonds etc which are tanking.

When the bottom is hit (mid 2012?) gold and silver will be 2 of the only things that can reliably store whatever wealth people still posess, property is another good one! thats the time to get rid of your paper and digital money and turn it into gold, silver and property. Make sure you have ample supplies of life supporting necessities as listed earlier in this thread before investing in precious metals as gold is worthless to you if you are dying of hunger or from an infection that could be treated with basic medical suplies!!!

This reminds me of discussions we had some time ago - how large a banking sector is it wise for a country to have?

Cameron and Ding Dong both seem to believe that it is a great idea to continue to grow the financial sector. But if that sector is increasing its levels of risk it is also increasingly growing the level of risk for the wider economy if or when it goes wrong. At best it is a gambler's strategy that if you bet on red the ball will land on red.

It looked great in the early noughties but as the balloon has become more and more inflated the lack of a productive wealth generating economic base is more and more of an issue.

Archived