Christmas Shopping

vikingdoom

i realised today that i have done 90% of my christmas shopping on the internet. it was so nice not having to traipse into douglas to face, roadworks on prospect hill, limited parking, arrogant locals and surly uninterested sales assistants. with the empty shelves thanks to the steam packet i am happy in the knowledge that all of my presents are wrapped and ready for my love ones to open. i dont care if the boat sails or if the douglas shops get their supplies. even my turkey is in the freezer ready to go. the steam packet is going to destroy christmas for many island residents luckily im not one of them. shop local? i would rather give my cash to people who treat me like a person.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i realised today that i have done 90% of my christmas shopping on the internet. it was so nice not having to traipse into douglas to face, roadworks on prospect hill, limited parking, arrogant locals and surly uninterested sales assistants. with the empty shelves thanks to the steam packet i am happy in the knowledge that all of my presents are wrapped and ready for my love ones to open. i dont care if the boat sails or if the douglas shops get their supplies. even my turkey is in the freezer ready to go. the steam packet is going to destroy christmas for many island residents luckily im not one of them. shop local? i would rather give my cash to people who treat me like a person.

Welcome to my world! Stuff the Steam Racket and the local scrooge shops. They have had their day. Let them rot. I do not give a toss about the Manx economy. I never benefited in the boom and I am suffering in the recession like most.

Good for you.Yes why are you telling us,is this not a little arrogant in and of itself?

I love it

Someone dares spend some money elsewhere and there's a groundswell of outrage

Yet the bulk of this economy seems predicated to getting people from other countries to move their money here thus depriving their countries of origin of tax income

I love it

Someone dares spend some money elsewhere and there's a groundswell of outrage

seven comments hardly constitutes a "ground swell"

Yet the bulk of this economy seems predicated to getting people from other countries to move their money here thus depriving their countries of origin of tax income

Archived