Patrice Evra Plays The Race Card

hissingsid

Manchester Uniteds Patrice Evra did not disappoint when he played the race card against a superior player Liverpools Luis Suarez accusing him of making racist remarks, unheard by anyone else but himself in a crowded goal area. This was taken as correct and true by the F.A. even though this was unproven and Luis was given an 8 match ban and fined £40,000. If this is the approach to making relationships between races better I despair. My advise to Luis is keep your mouth shut and to Patrice never walk alone this kind of spiteful act will do you no good at all.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester Uniteds Patrice Evra did not disappoint when he played the race card against a superior player Liverpools Luis Suarez accusing him of making racist remarks, unheard by anyone else but himself in a crowded goal area. This was taken as correct and true by the F.A. even though this was unproven and Luis was given an 8 match ban and fined £40,000. If this is the approach to making relationships between races better I despair. My advise to Luis is keep your mouth shut and to Patrice never walk alone this kind of spiteful act will do you no good at all.

I'm guessing you're a Liverpool supporter?

Maybe you should ask Otman Bakkal about Luis Suarez's approach to race relations.

Manchester Uniteds Patrice Evra did not disappoint when he played the race card against a superior player Liverpools Luis Suarez accusing him of making racist remarks, unheard by anyone else but himself in a crowded goal area. This was taken as correct and true by the F.A. even though this was unproven and Luis was given an 8 match ban and fined £40,000.

Suarez admitted it.

I think Liverpool fans are better challenging the quixotic and politically motivated FA decision than Evra.

Evra's only given his perception of events. It's the FA that have failed to deal with the differing perceptions in a fair, culturally sensitive manner.

Although:

But attempts to slur him by claiming that he played "the race card" on two occasions in the past – as Liverpool's official website columnist did on Twitter – were baseless. In 2006 an accusation of racist abuse was levelled at Steve Finnan not by Evra but by a deaf United fan who claimed to have lip‑read abusive phrases. Two years later it was United's assistant manager, Mike Phelan and another member of the back‑room staff, Richard Hartis, who accused the Chelsea groundsman, Sam Bethell, of calling Evra a "fucking immigrant". In both cases the accused men were cleared, but Evra had played no part in bringing the cases against them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/21/luis-suarez-liverpool-racism-fight

Assuming "Negrito" is really a form of endearment, why would he feel the need to utter it TEN times during a match that they were having a real ding-dong ?

Suarez is bang to rights. Suck it, through a tennis racket, preferably. The guy is truly odious. A cheat, a thug AND a racist.

The shame is that he can play a bit.

Assuming "Negrito" is really a form of endearment, why would he feel the need to utter it TEN times during a match that they were having a real ding-dong ?

Suarez is bang to rights. Suck it, through a tennis racket, preferably. The guy is truly odious. A cheat, a thug AND a racist.

The shame is that he can play a bit.

Certainly better than anything Liverpool's third best football team (after Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves) have to offer

I'm old enough to remember when men played football , when penalties were awarded by the ref and not "won" by a player who may or may not have cheated. It's not a sport and some people will say or do anything to get a result, and infer if their side lost, that the ref was "bent". I don't know in this case who said what to whom but people do tell lies to get a result (spend a day in the courts!). That said if I was earning the sort of cash some of these players are getting I wouldn't care too much what anyone called me!

I found it highly amusing that all sorts of Liverpool "supporters" were claiming that it was all because it was a Man Utd player who are Liverpool's "greatest" rivals.

Now just discount the fact that Suarez admitted to it for a moment and look at the facts. There have been 19 Premiership's contested which resulted in wins for Man Utd at 12, Arsenal at 3, Chelsea at 3, Blackburn Rovers at 1 and Liverpool at 0. In 19 seasons. Frankly by claiming that Man Utd are their greatest rivals Liverpool are just trying to pathetically flatter themselves for no discernable reason except vainglorious memories from a distant past.

And if it's "because it's Man Utd" then surely it's also "because it's QPR" as well! I don't think so....

Archived