Tony Blair - Tax Mystery - Inspector Murphy Is On The Case

wheels

This is his 'payback' by the corporate elite for playing his role in helping them make billions in untold projects, contracts and ventures when he was the world's schmoozing, grinning, war-mongering lapdog to the American empire for 8 years.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More interesting is where he got the money from, and which idiots gave it to him.

I'm one of those idiots because I bought his book! It sold 92000 copies in it's first four days making it one of the fastest selling memoirs ever published. Well worth a read for those who have a life.

All the vitreol on here against Blair does make me smile though, especially all the "illegal war" nonsense that keeps being spouted out of the mouths of fools at the mere mention of his name. It's just pathetic...

More interesting is where he got the money from, and which idiots gave it to him.

I'm one of those idiots because I bought his book! It sold 92000 copies in it's first four days making it one of the fastest selling memoirs ever published. Well worth a read for those who have a life.

All the vitreol on here against Blair does make me smile though, especially all the "illegal war" nonsense that keeps being spouted out of the mouths of fools at the mere mention of his name. It's just pathetic...

An insult never won an argument.

Haha...classic.

I wouldn't describe you or anyone else as an idiot for reading Blair's memoirs. He is one of the most noteworthy public figures of the last decade or so, after all, and he played a major part in historically defining events.

I don't think you can dismiss those who assert the illegality of the Iraq war as fools, though or call their opinions pathetic. It is a question that is seriously debatable, and I think failing to acknowledge that does not lend any credibility to your words.

The relevant issues are set out quite well in the Wikepedia article on the subject, and I think if you read the article, you would have to admit that there is substantial doubt about the legality of the war, let alone it's moral justifiability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_Iraq_War#International_Court_of_Justice

Thinking about it I'm completely wrong.

Blair didn't make any money out of his book.

What wins arguments are irrefutable facts. The HOC voted to go. End of.

I just wish they had removed Saddam years before. Because of his WMD programs and more importantly the way his particularly nasty regime demonstrated no fear at all in using them against the Kurds and the Pasdaran the Iranians are now determined to become a nuclear state - nightmare time.

Thinking about it I'm completely wrong.

Blair didn't make any money out of his book.

What wins arguments are irrefutable facts. The HOC voted to go. End of.

I just wish they had removed Saddam years before. Because of his WMD programs and more importantly the way his particularly nasty regime demonstrated no fear at all in using them against the Kurds and the Pasdaran the Iranians are now determined to become a nuclear state - nightmare time.

True. Damn those nasty Iranians, wanting a nuclear deterrent when all the countries that so openly want to bring it down and overthrow it are armed to the teeth with the very same nuclear weapons of their own. How unreasonable. It truly is a nightmare time I agree, if you are an innocent Iranian citizen waiting for the first air raid sirens to go off.

But anyway, back to the grinning psychopath. I hardly think it's pathetic sharing a view that he is a war criminal. As I posted earlier (see again below), it's not just pathetic internet posters who share that same viewpoint. The verdict may be purely symbolic as opposed to holding a legal status, but I think the principle holds true...... http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/11/23/malaysian-tribunal-finds-bush-blair-guilty-of-war-crimes/

"For those who can employ the right accountants, the tax system is a haven of scams, perks, City deals and profits.

"We should reward people who work hard and do well. We should not make our tax rules a playground for revenue avoiders and tax abusers who pay little or nothing while others pay more than their share."

Tony Blair - standing for the Labour Party leadership in 1994.

To be brutally honest it looks like just another invented story from the right-wing press. They wail "What happened to the missing £8 million?" naturally with the smuggest picture of their victim they can find. Then in the piece they cover their arses by stating "There is no suggestion that Mr Blair’s tax affairs are anything other than legitimate."

Still, it's enough rousing to get the rabble spouting their usual nonsense - "Job Done" sticker....

I recall U2 moving their tax affairs to the Netherlands to reduce what they had to pay - and Bono getting all uptight when questioned about it.

When it come to tax how many really wealthy people don't have accountants advising them on minimisation strategies?

To be brutally honest it looks like just another invented story from the right-wing press. They wail "What happened to the missing £8 million?" naturally with the smuggest picture of their victim they can find. Then in the piece they cover their arses by stating "There is no suggestion that Mr Blair’s tax affairs are anything other than legitimate."

Still, it's enough rousing to get the rabble spouting their usual nonsense - "Job Done" sticker....

The issue for me isn't whether his tax affairs are legal or not, as no-one deserves to pay one pence more in tax than they can legally get away with. Rather it's just a gratuitous excuse to 'Blair-bash' for me. Anything which gives him bad press is good enough for me.

I don't think anyone ever argued that it was illegal under domestic UK law, did they?

Quite the opposite - but as Lxxx says this thread is apparently not about Blair's tax but about griping about Blair. If it was about tax minimisation being illegal or unethical the Island would sink!

Agreed. This story could be run about virtually anybody who has a company, even probably Mr Murphy.

Tax in the UK has generally never been charged on Turnover as the Telegrapgh seem to imply but on Net Profit.

As for expenses, then again accounts filed at Companies House show very little information about expenses. If he had been able to take advantage of the small companies rules, as I believe Mr Murphy does, then no profit & loss is filed. That though is only at Companies House. He would have to provide complete details when filing the companies tax returns.

Archived