Sexism In Israel

Endovelicus

I've just read this article with a growing feeling of disbelief.

We talk about the treatment of women in Islamic countries, but then the Middle-Eastern country that so many hold up as a paragon of progress turns out to be every bit as medieval as the others!

Females having to sit at the back of a bus so men won't have to sit behind them?

"an ultraorthodox man spat at and verbally abused an eight-year-old girl, Naama Margolese, for what he considered was immodest attire!"

"religious soldiers boycotted events where female soldiers were to sing, insisting it was sinful."

This isn't just sexism, its misogyny!

Possibly isolated cases being highlighted, I've traveled extensively around Israel and must say women seem to be treated a whole lot better/more equally (including women in the IDF military) than other countries in the Middle East I have been to. I've never seen that situation of women having to sit at the back of the local buses, either in Israel or in the West Bank.

Do you have a link to the article?

We talk about the treatment of women in Islamic countries, but then the Middle-Eastern country that so many hold up as a paragon of progress turns out to be every bit as medieval as the others!

Females having to sit at the back of a bus so men won't have to sit behind them?

"an ultraorthodox man spat at and verbally abused an eight-year-old girl, Naama Margolese, for what he considered was immodest attire!"

"religious soldiers boycotted events where female soldiers were to sing, insisting it was sinful."

These ultra orthodox religious freaks have obviously forgotten the oppression carried out by Nazi Germany in the second world war. Victimisation of minorities etc.

Now they do it to their own women. This is very alarming. God forbid the day that extreme Judaism and Islam is allowed to be carried out in the UK. Sadly I fear that day is coming. All in the interest of political correctness?

These ultra orthodox religious freaks have obviously forgotten the oppression carried out by Nazi Germany in the second world war. Victimisation of minorities etc.

Now they do it to their own women. This is very alarming. God forbid the day that extreme Judaism, Christianity and Islam is allowed to be carried out in the UK. Sadly I fear that day is coming. All in the interest of political correctness?

You forgot one.

Archived