Fat Cat Banker Realises He Is A C**t

Watcher

I hope he takes the first job offer, and there will be a few, that comes his way. To be forced to knock back a done deal is not on, it has been said he has done a lot to turn the bank around although it obviously still has a long way to go. If I was him I would walk away and let them clear their own chit up, he was not in charge when it all went down the pan Fred the Shred was and his has been refused nothing, a big pay off and gold plated pension, and the government themselves were responsible for making that deal. To take the job of turning RBS around takes a very skilled man I just hope they find another one they wont be queing up after the way this guy has been treated. Also dont forget how much tax these high earners pay they are not living in the Isle of Man..

I also don't know what to make of all this fuss.

I do, it seems perfectly simple. It's all that "all in it together" stuff. It should be an adequate bonus in these austere times to keep his job. He's still getting a massive salary don't forget. And who knows, perhaps the wise decision to turn down this bonus offer might make a number of other unbelievably greedy fuckers think twice about their impossibly high rewards, and whether they are actually warranted.

It can never be a bit two much.

at the end of the day weather he feels hes paid to much or not, that tends to be the going rate, your not going to say " no no i dont want 000sk a year, 20k a year will do" im sure you take the cash just like anyone eles bees.

Nah, I wouldn't, one time I was working somewhere that wasn't really doing that well, I refused a couple of pay rises and bonuses, it might have been stupid but I hoped it would work out good in the end, can't help the way I am, the company pulled it around in the end and I was rewarded well for my loyalty before I left, I wouldn't have been upset had they forgotten but I was most pleased that they didn't. How come you still manage to mess up 'two' and 'too' even when you are quoting? :) I love your murder of English.

It can never be a bit two much.

at the end of the day weather he feels hes paid to much or not, that tends to be the going rate, your not going to say " no no i dont want 000sk a year, 20k a year will do" im sure you take the cash just like anyone eles bees.

Nah, I wouldn't, one time I was working somewhere that wasn't really doing that well, I refused a couple of pay rises and bonuses, it might have been stupid but I hoped it would work out good in the end, can't help the way I am, the company pulled it around in the end and I was rewarded well for my loyalty before I left, I wouldn't have been upset had they forgotten but I was most pleased that they didn't. How come you still manage to mess up 'two' and 'too' even when you are quoting? smile.png I love your murder of English.

I can see why you did that bees. but if the company was doing well and not struggling, and with RBS posting good profits i think he should have got it. If they diden then it would be fair to him to not get one.

the reason i mess them up is because im thick brain dead figure of a person, whos not worth employing in this world. ;)

I also don't know what to make of all this fuss.

I do, it seems perfectly simple. It's all that "all in it together" stuff. It should be an adequate bonus in these austere times to keep his job. He's still getting a massive salary don't forget. And who knows, perhaps the wise decision to turn down this bonus offer might make a number of other unbelievably greedy fuckers think twice about their impossibly high rewards, and whether they are actually warranted.

But this bonus issue proves they are all in it together. They are using the bonus issue to distract the public from the fact that neither the coalition nor labour are suggesting or doing anything to stop another bubble from forming. In fact it's in their interest to keep the illusion of perpetual growth going because not only does it make them look like they have done a good job but crucially they get to retire to cushy jobs on the boards of the banks and conglomerates they helped support. We are living in the times where politics is no longer ruling for the good of the many but for that of the elite few.

You may be right. However, Polly Toynbee, in today's Guardian, sees this bonus episode as a seismic political moment, where finally the the disgust of the majority of the voting public has been realised by Westminster and in particular the Labour Party. It remains to be seen how accurate this might be, but one lives in hope.

You may be right. However, Polly Toynbee, in today's Guardian, sees this bonus episode as a seismic political moment, where finally the the disgust of the majority of the voting public has been realised by Westminster and in particular the Labour Party. It remains to be seen how accurate this might be, but one lives in hope.

One lives in hope what? Removing a knighthood and making threats over an individual's bonus are persecution of individuals rather than opting to change the system. Tidy up the legislation and framework and stop meddling in the affairs of companies, and scapegoats within them.

The actions of the last few days just undermine confidence in the government's ability to effectively manage their new assets and are a far cry from creating stable and indepedent banks.

Archived