The Times Safer Streets Cycling Campaign

wheels

http://road.cc/conte...umping-cyclists

Cyclists in an area of Paris are to be permitted to ride through some red lights in a trial of an initiative that could eventually be rolled out throughout France.

“Traffic lights are not a factor of security. They were installed so that car drivers would let pedestrians cross the road, to regulate the flow of traffic and to moderate the speed.

“But bicycles don’t go fast and don’t make any noise. It’s idiotic to stop for nothing. You waste energy and it slows you down. The best safety assets for cyclists are your eyes and your brain.

“Some people think that the rules of the road should be the same for everyone but that is wrong.”

17 months seems a bit harsh?

Not harsh enough! He deliberately ran over someone with a bus, that's attempted murder, not assault.

Only if he was planning to murder him - which he quite likely didn't. It was road rage after a previous argument (as the news reports). Not right or justifiable behaviour by any means but I doubt a driver would snap like that without something having happened beforehand. Instead of swiping him, he should have just called him a cock.

Only if he was planning to murder him - which he quite likely didn't. It was road rage after a previous argument (as the news reports). Not right or justifiable behaviour by any means but I doubt a driver would snap like that without something having happened beforehand. Instead of swiping him, he should have just called him a cock.

Road rage or not, he could easily have killed him. 17 months is entirely justified, people need to realise how dangerous this is.

Why is abusing him justified?

Road rage or not, he could easily have killed him. 17 months is entirely justified, people need to realise how dangerous this is.

Why is abusing him justified?

Cause something must have happened beforehand - if he felt the need to vent, a bit of verbal ventilation would have been better than bouncing him off the road. If you look at the video, the cyclist was slap bang in the middle of the road as if he was trying to block him or something. Always takes two to tango and it's not like cyclists have a general tendency to ignore many rules of the road.

Cause something must have happened beforehand - if he felt the need to vent, a bit of verbal ventilation would have been better than bouncing him off the road. If you look at the video, the cyclist was slap bang in the middle of the road as if he was trying to block him or something. Always takes two to tango and it's not like cyclists have a general tendency to ignore many rules of the road.

No, what he should have done was take a deep breath and wait until the cyclist went about his business. Getting in someone's way isn't justification for abuse or being run over by a bus.

No, what he should have done was take a deep breath and wait until the cyclist went about his business. Getting in someone's way isn't justification for abuse or being run over by a bus.

I do just that when being held up by a bunch of cyclists (up to 30) two and 3 abreast "taking the racing line" who are aware that they are holding up traffic but obviously feel that it is entirely reasonable behaviour . I'm not tarring all cyclists with the same brush but those wearing bright lycra...........

I do just that when being held up by a bunch of cyclists (up to 30) two and 3 abreast "taking the racing line" who are aware that they are holding up traffic but obviously feel that it is entirely reasonable behaviour . I'm not tarring all cyclists with the same brush but those wearing bright lycra...........

3 abreast eh? That's almost not exaggerating.

Archived