Slim Vs Vader

Bill Posters

Who do ypu think has the upper hand?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I simply do not agree. There are very urgent problems that need both airing and addressing on the IOM. There are probably hardlly any Muslim's living on the island and yet people seem to get far more heated about discussing religous intolerance issues than anything else and yet it probably has no bearing on island life. The newspapers don't address these problems, neither does Tynwald or Manx Radio. The only place left is the forum. Every discussion about institutional corruption appears to descend into a slanging match. Where else is there to bring into the open the very real every day problems of social justice? Mec Vannin and the Celtic League appear to be redundant. This is the last bastion of proper debate.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for calling me a miserable little man I ask you to think deeply about my views and not allow your biggotry against "vader" to cloud what should be impartial moderation and judgement.

I do moderate impartially. The evidence is I haven't banned you.

I simply do not agree. There are very urgent problems that need both airing and addressing on the IOM. There are probably hardlly any Muslim's living on the island and yet people seem to get far more heated about discussing religous intolerance issues than anything else and yet it probably has no bearing on island life. The newspapers don't address these problems, neither does Tynwald or Manx Radio. The only place left is the forum. Every discussion about institutional corruption appears to descend into a slanging match. Where else is there to bring into the open the very real every day problems of social justice? Mec Vannin and the Celtic League appear to be redundant. This is the last bastion of proper debate.

We do have proper debate here, have you not seen it?

We also have flaming and trolling when a member makes an arse of themselves; that's what a forum is dude.

If this is local news then I doubt you will ever sort out the problems of the crown dependencies.

People who live in glass houses.....

You only think there's problems cos your court case didn't go the way you wanted.

Rubbish. I couldn't care less about my court case. I'm far more interested in other people's court cases. Not everyone is driven by self intersest. Besides which do you think that spending the time posting on a forum would have the remotest impact on a court case?

Chris, I am beginning to think that moderation on this forum is biased.

To be honest it is getting like a newspaper.

Observer quite rightly is looking after her kids.

I have e-mailed privately MISSION and he does not privately answer except for a public post repeating ha ha ha a thousand times.

Ans it out with his partner relaxing. good on em both.

Declan seems to be absent.

These guys are entitled to a private life as they are amateurs, but if they are moderators and some of them post partial comment then who are they accountable to?

Just what the hell is going on?

Observor quite rightly is looking after her kids.

I have e-mailed privately MISSION and he does not privately answer except for a public post repeating ha ha ha a thousand times.

You didn't e-mail me, you PM'd me you knobber!

What moderation do you refer to?

Have you been moderated tonight?

As for the ha ha ha x 1,000 (I didn't count it so I'll take your word for it). I thought you liked them so I sent you a whole heap of them. ;)

*mwah*

You couldn't care less about your court case, yet you're writing an article about it?

I didn't say I was writing an article about my court case. I said I was writing about my experience of the Manx judicial system I don't think anyone would be remotley intereseted in my my own case. Most people who become embroiled in the law actually lose interest in their own problems and become more interested in the administration of justice. There are two separate issues here. One is your own personal problems which are of no interest to anyone and the other is how the system works. I am only intersested in the latter.

Observor quite rightly is looking after her kids.

You didn't e-mail me, you PM'd me you knobber!

What moderation do you refer to?

Have you been moderated tonight?

As for the ha ha ha x 1,000 (I didn't count it so I'll take your word for it). I thought you liked them so I sent you a whole heap of them. ;)

*mwah*

That is it once again. you are a mod. yet you call me a "knobber".

That is partial moderation.

I accept the 1000 plus ha ha as a joke. But the name calling from a mod is unnaceptable and not in my view impartial moderation.

Archived