Eve Online

Maxheadroom

If anyone is thinking of giving this a go I've got a bunch of Buddy Passes that give you 30 days free (usual free trial period is 14 days) and if you do subscribe after the 30 days I get a boat load of in game currency to split with you.

If you've never given it a go the trailer here sums it up pretty nicely:

(Its not the latest trailer but this one will best give you a feel for the actual gameplay rather than trying to be all arty about it)

If you're interested fire me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a link.

Max

I know what you mean, it does fall into the standard MMO tropes of select a target then spam abilities or attacks until something dies, and to begin with you only have 1 tiny gun and a couple of abilities. But once you get going it opens out a lot and becomes much more tactical.

If you feel like giving it another go let me know and I'll throw you a 30 day key (even if you dont use it, i have a nigh on unlimited supply :) )

Also the virtually virtical learning curve is now much smoother thanks to a redesigned and friendlier tutorial

Played for 5 years, don't have the time for it anymore :(

The main problem with EVE imo (aside from the fact that the devs seem to smoke a lot of crack) is that you can spend 2-3hours waiting for a big fight to kick off, and then one side just goes home. But such is life. Got a lot of fun out of it in those 5 years, just with work commitments now I can't sit around like that anymore.

If anyone needs advice or anything just let me know.

(For the inevitable isk-making advice request: Honestly just find someone daft enough to trust you and take all of theirs.)

Archived