Rog Is Boring

Rog

What should Rog do?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And you're just as bad. It's not 'Enter'. 'Enter' is the key on the numberpad cunningly labelled.... 'Enter'.

My return key is labelled as enter..... what do you say to that? (And saying i have a xxxx keyboard is not a good answer :P)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Rog, anyone who is selected out by a battered and traumatised tomcat has got to have a good soul :) B)

I voted: "Rog should carry on much as before"

It's tempting to ask you to cut and paste the emails that you got, although it might make things worse for you, so maybe not! Hard to believe that someone is actually sad enough to email you - surely life is way too short for such crap? :angry:

Is it possible to report it to hotmail? Yes, I know that might sound futile given the nature of hotmail, but it might be worth pursuing, especially if they are of a racist nature. IP addresses and all that. (I'm sure the more technically-inclined folks would know more about that!)

Rog is cool.

He posts stuff that many are too frightened to, for fear of being criticised by people who think they have the moral high ground. He also has more experience of matters regarding the middle east as he has worked and lived there. More experience of the realities of issues than the text book graduates have.

Long may he continue.

He is a Manxman too.

It's tempting to ask you to cut and paste the emails that you got, although it might make things worse for you, so maybe not! Hard to believe that someone is actually sad enough to email you - surely life is way too short for such crap? :angry: 

The content was in each case a personal lambasting along the lines of me being pathetic, small minded, a figure more of pity and contempt than a serious contributor and so on.

They were obviously quite cleverly put together by someone (or someone - s) who took great care to keep away from anything that could be complained about on a racist or religious basis and instead concentrated on a personal analysis that generally I would have shrugged off but on this particular occasion I actually thought might represent a general feeling about some of the ‘stuff’ that I post.

I don’t mind being controversial or even expressing a minority and even unpopular viewpoint, but if I really was being a general pain then I thought it best to let folks make the call.

As regards who it was – I really can not say with any degree of certainty though I did once have similar in the past when I allowed my E_Mail address to be displayed on ManxNet Forums for a while. There is no indication that the person who ‘had a go’ at that time is a member of this forum, for that matter there’s no real reason to justify suspicion that the person/s who sent this batch are even associated with this forum – I do contribute to a couple of others as well ---- I know, ‘I should get a life!’

I don't like your views Rog. I don't like your views and I don't like the way in which you post them either. At one time I felt so strongly about it and it upset me so much that I stopped posting or even looking at the old Manx.net forums. My stomach churns at the 'hate' within you and I feel very very sad when I think there are millions like you - many of whom have identical views - and many who are equally fervent in their opposing views. It depresses me and makes me think there is no hope for the world. An indoctrinated hatred that will never ever go away.

But that says more about me perhaps than it does about you. It's my problem I know and I have to deal with it. It would be so easy for me to say that I wished you would stop posting. For me to put me head in the sand and pretend none of this was happening. The truth is I don't want to be reminded of all the awful things in the world. Your posts do nothing for me except reinforce my view that things will not get better but will inevitably get worse.

If you were to do anything - how I wish you could allow yourself to become just a little more tolerant. To remind yourself that, at the end of the day, we are all 'Jock Thomson's bairns'. That would help such a lot I think.

All that said - the local forums would be poorer without you. I know that now - but it's taken me a couple of years to reach that point.

It would be rather nice if the person who mailed you was able to repeat their views here - but somehow I think it unlikely.

It would be rather nice if the person who mailed you was able to repeat their views here - but somehow I think it unlikely.

I doubt they would bother in the face of this pretty overwhelming support for Rog's right to post here. They'd just look publically stupid, as opposed to being secretly embarassed.

Plus they smell of wee and their mother dresses them funny.

Rox wins the prize for "Bravest and most candid post of the year". At least in my book. I know you feel similarly about some of my views as well. Frankly the forum is much healthier for it. However as I am a reasonably well-rounded individual I would only feel a certain way with justification. Perhaps Rog is the same?

I too have received a spat of e-mails of a similar nature to the ones received by Rog. At the time I suspected a troll posting under "BSE" but, of course, it could have been anyone.

The worrying thing for me is the type of mind that would not only feel the need to do something like that but they clearly get something out of doing so! Scary.

Blah.......blah.....The worrying thing for me is the type of mind that would not only feel the need to do something like that but they clearly get something out of doing so! Scary.

...... further you can just imagine them cowered over their keyboards, tapping away, full of venemous spite.. choosing to spend their spare time anonymously attacking unsuspecting targets. (I'm so dramatic!)

I hope the e-mail was answered with a short and sweet "Eff Off Dickweed" or similar.

Whether you agree with individual posters views or not, at least you get the opportunity to thrash it out and take issue with them if you choose - there is something rather sly and cowardly about hiding behind an email like that.

...... further you can just imagine them cowered over their keyboards, tapping away, full of venemous spite.. choosing to spend their spare time anonymously attacking unsuspecting targets. (I'm so dramatic!)

Errr, no I can't actually. I am just not that imaginative!

But you are absolutely right that an effort like that is just pathetic. But still scary.

I hope the e-mail was answered with a short and sweet "Eff Off Dickweed" or similar.

Pretty much the last thing you should do is react with anger or offence as that simply means they had the desired effect.

I've had a few choice emails in my time. Most usually get replied with a single *kiss* or *mwah*, but for the lengthy and spiteful ones, I just forged an 'undeliverable mail' reply from the mail server. I always got a chuckle at their assumed annoyance at having wasted all that time typing it and then thinking it not actually reached me.

I am the win.

Blah blah.... but for the lengthy and spiteful ones, I just forged an 'undeliverable mail' reply from the mail server. I always got a chuckle at their assumed annoyance at having wasted all that time typing it and then thinking it not actually reached me.

I've done that too!

(To a psycho ex partner though)

I don’t mind being controversial or even expressing a minority and even unpopular viewpoint, but if I really was being a general pain then I thought it best to let folks make the call.

I think it's rather sad that you ever thought this but I can understand why.

There are a lot of liberal do-gooders on here who won't even consider anyone's arguments, no matter how reasoned and considered, if they breach subjects such as homophobia and racism.

You can express a homophobic attitude without inciting hatred, you can describe the impact of a minority group coming to your area without it being a battle cry for racial hatred.

Archived