Is This Way To Go

FCMR

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bits and bobs of work to keep the one man band workers going but if you are an employer with a load of men you need a lot of work, mainly large contracts

I understand the fustration, us office workies are facing similar threats as our jobs move offshore to places like India and China. It's hard to complain though when local unemployment is low.

I think it's a mistake, I think we need to protect our local skills to stop them disapearing and to make the local employment market attractive and viable when harder times come.

Not sure what the solution is though, without bringing in foriegn workers, local rates would go up even more, and inflation is already high in relation to the rest of europe.

Every time I read the title of this thread, that bloody Tony Christie song keeps coming into my head "Is This the Way to Amarillo"

Stav.

<_<

Damn you, damn you, DAMN you!!!!

/me stomps off humming

FCMRR

According to the News today, all your problems could soon be solved.

The Aussies are pushing to recruit you drunken, unreliable workers. They actually WANT them!

You'll then be in the position that you might have to employ Muslims. Who, of course, don't drink. .... and are famously hard working.......and reliable

I feel fairly sure that, even if this utopia does happen, you will still find something to moan about.

Archived