Self Appointed Crazy-Haired Bossy Bat Has A Go At Chairman Of Whitley Council For Doing His Job Properly

oldmanxfella

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am long enough in the tooth to remember the soup kitchens in Myrtle street and Tynwald street, and indeed had cause during my life to require to avail myself of the service, I do not want to see my children having to do the same.

Really? I can't find references to soup kitchens post-war, so you must be the forums' oldest member?

Your swiss search engines are not very good then GD4DELI it was in what is now I believe Gerry Carters office.and also the old labour exchange which is now the soon to be closed (insanity) childrens library

You said you remembered the soup kitchens, were they actually running or just the old buildings?

I can just about remember the Tynwald Street Soup kitchen. It was certainly operating during the 1950s.

For interest it was also one of the venues used for the annual police treat which was always known as "the Coppers' Hotpot"

• 2 weeks later...

Alf Cannon is a jumped up little twerp who is just trying to shout his way out of his Father's shadow. I would have Angela Moffatt fight my corner every day of the week, I think some people on here are intimidated by a strong woman.

Alf Cannon is a jumped up little twerp who is just trying to shout his way out of his Father's shadow. I would have Angela Moffatt fight my corner every day of the week, I think some people on here are intimidated by a strong woman.

Angela is not a patch on her father, prior to Alf she had not really come up against anyone with much competence. Alf gets my vote (or will...).

Oooooooh.... Angela Moffatt...... strong woman...... ooooooooh......

Angela is not a patch on her father, prior to Alf she had not really come up against anyone with much competence. Alf gets my vote (or will...).

Well if you think Alfie Cannan is competent then I'm glad you live in another country & presumably don't get to vote on the IOM.

He seems to like making a lot of noise but has yet to back it up with any substance. Being seen to stand up to the unions is always going to be a vote winner, especially as the government have been importing wealthy tax dodgers like they are going out of fashion for the last 30 years, but where has it got us? He's just sent the message out than "no" means "oh go on then" and in the process removed any good relations that existed between government & many of its employees! Great news for the taxpayer.

She can't even apply a Boots colour rinse properly. If she can't follow those simple instructions I certainly wouldn't be trusting her to do anything other than slobber and talk bollocks angrily. You appear to be yet another government dead head wasting their second post ever making themselves look a total twat.

Don't forget that Miss M's Dad had most current Politicians shitting themselves with his very persuasive ways and fantastic verbal protection of most manual workers on the IOM.

I actually admire Bernie and wish Miss M very well in rounding up the muppet Politicians that are trying to shaft the working population of the IOM into the ground.

Keep up the good work Miss M and don't let the new boy that is out to make an impression get to ya.

Don't forget that Miss M's Dad had most current Politicians shitting themselves with his very persuasive ways and fantastic verbal protection of most manual workers on the IOM.

Less shitting and more laughing I'd suggest. As Tugger says £40k for driving a bus and £35k for slinging suitcases around at the airport is the legacy we have for paying attention to an overpaid loudmouth 70s throwback in the Bobby Grant off Brookside mould.

I actually admire Bernie and wish Miss M very well in rounding up the muppet Politicians that are trying to shaft the working population of the IOM into the ground.

Keep up the good work Miss M and don't let the new boy that is out to make an impression get to ya.

Dont you understand the damage that paying unskilled labour, skilled labour wages has to the islands long term financail sustainability?

Dont you understand the damage that paying unskilled labour, skilled labour wages has to the islands long term financail sustainability?

I take it as read that you are alluding to our politicians Blade?

Archived