Bullets That Can Go Round Corners

Blade Runner

Were you referring to their second amendment and do you agree with that previous statement?. You see there are people who genuinely believe in removal or restricting that right as they like to convince themselves that it will somehow improve matters.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EH!!!!!.....Lazers dont 'bend' round corners as far as I was aware.....

IMO more importantly how does the shooter see round the corner?

EH!!!!!.....Lazers dont 'bend' round corners as far as I was aware.....

IMO more importantly how does the shooter see round the corner?

The Israelis (at least I seem to remember it was them) developed a system that attaches a pistol to a hing/camera affair that allows the shooter to aim and shoot around corners

I am anti gun myself and anti violence.

But as this is a gun thread, I just wondered what Olympic Games shooting teams will be based on the Island this summer. Anyone of you gun fans know?

Just interested. I saw the website last year advertising the IOM as a training camp location.

This technology would only work how higher caliber rounds being fired over long range distances where steering could be applied.

The forces required to make a bullet literally go round a corner are impossible.

As the article suggests, this would more than likely be applied to sniper applications, because the inherent nature of long range firing (gravity, lighting, heat, angle of fire, etc.).

MDO, Yes it looks like a right PITA, a liability even.

As most people are I to am anti violence, but not anti-gun, the sad fact is there will always be weapons in the hands of those who want to cause us harm for whatever reason, would you seriously deny yourself the ability to defend you and your loved ones in a nation where this is a constantly high threat?. Gun free zones in the US are proven killing fields. Virginia tech being a prime example. The only people free from guns in those places are the law abiding, not nut-job criminals.

As far as bans are concerned, again they only impact the law abiding, look at all the handgun crime in the UK, I thought they were pretty much banned???. Ah yes, only from the law abiding.

MDO, Yes it looks like a right PITA, a liability even.

As most people are I to am anti violence, but not anti-gun, the sad fact is there will always be weapons in the hands of those who want to cause us harm for whatever reason, would you seriously deny yourself the ability to defend you and your loved ones in a nation where this is a constantly high threat?. Gun free zones in the US are proven killing fields. Virginia tech being a prime example. The only people free from guns in those places are the law abiding, not nut-job criminals.

As far as bans are concerned, again they only impact the law abiding, look at all the handgun crime in the UK, I thought they were pretty much banned???. Ah yes, only from the law abiding.

USA = 10.48 firearm related deaths/100,000/year

England = 0.46 firearm related deaths/100,000/year

Seems to me that this banning people from having weapons that kill, actually prevents deaths! who would have thought...

Half the time it seems that americans end up accidentally shooting the very loved ones they intended their gun to defend. ( "There were 52,447 deliberate and 23,237 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000" )

I don't get this arguement that everyone should be allowed a gun because the bad men might have them. Surely the more guns there are around, the bigger the chance of being shot. Just as Jazze says above.

If every house in the IOM had a loaded handgun in the besdide drawer "for protection", think of how many drunken arguements would finish up with someone dead and someone in jail.

I'm not criticising Britains system. We acted soon enough with a licensing system to help keep firearms out of the wrong hands, the US is well out of control and has been for a long time how could you possibly think dis-arming the law abiding now would have any good effect. It would be nothing short of music to the criminals ears!.

Accidental deaths dont just apply to firearms and could be slashed with some proper training and education, there are only a few basic rules that need sticking to in order to prevent this. Switzerland have the right idea in many of these respects.

I hate statistics and quoting figures but, in England and wales theres a predicted 250,000 alchol attributed deaths over the next 20years, time to ban this pointless substance due to some peoples misuse/abuse?. I for one wouldn't mind as I dont drink, but I dont belive in nanny states.

Figures from the Office for National Statistics show there were 8,664 such deaths in the UK during 2009 - up from 6,884 in 2000.

Lets look at knives, cars, motorbikes, we could go on.

Jazze, look at all the banned drugs, still killing plenty of people though!.

If you believe guns are somehow different because their sole purpose is "to kill", then you watch to many films and play to many video games.

I hate statistics and quoting figures but, in England and wales theres a predicted 250,000 alchol attributed deaths over the next 20years, time to ban this pointless substance due to some peoples misuse/abuse?. I for one wouldn't mind as I dont drink, but I dont belive in nanny states.

Figures from the Office for National Statistics show there were 8,664 such deaths in the UK during 2009 - up from 6,884 in 2000.

Lets look at knives, cars, motorbikes, we could go on.

Jazze, look at all the banned drugs, still killing plenty of people though!.

If you believe guns are somehow different because their sole purpose is "to kill", then you watch to many films and play to many video games.

Like you say, alcohol is legal, despite being dangerous (i know you hate figures but) - it is estimated to be responsible for 33,000 deaths in the UK/year. Heroin on the other hand that has been criminalised is responsible for a fraction of that at just 1,000 death per year. It cannot be denied that by making things illegal it does put people off, although obviously not the most determined, as is also with the case of guns.

At the end of the day people have a choice whether to drink alcohol and kill themselves. You don't have a choice if someone is about to shoot you though.

references:

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/facts/did-you-know/alcohol-related-deaths

http://www.drugscience.org.uk/heroinadvice.html

Archived