Bullets That Can Go Round Corners

Blade Runner

Of course at secure shooting ranges. If the firearms are to be transported for legitimate reasons (i.e. shooting competions at licensed ranges) it should be in the correct manner.

I am not advocating people wandering the streets armed to the teeth, because they fancy it.

Yup. I don't see any problem with that personally.

But I get the impression some people do want to walk about with pistols in their pockets.

Now that we can agree on.

Having spent many, many hours on ranges, I have noticed most people firing a handgun for the first time (let anlone anything larger) will flinch and on the whole require hours of practice before being deemed "competant" just to fire in a safe, controlled environment of a marshalled range.

Now imagine someone who buys (or obtains through other avenues) a firearm, never having fired one before, let alone been shown how to use one properly, thinking they are now protected. All they are doing is making their personal situation more dangerous.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For about the bazillionth time I am not and have not once suggested this where we live or indeed any part of Britain. Now, assuming we are on the same wave length…

Interesting logic, I don’t think you know the process or requirements for obtaining CCW permits in most states. For one crims's tend to make themselves known before they hit the age limits, and will also struggle to find any referee's or pass background checks.

This image speaks for itself, I cant see them going down this road, even in America, if it was having the wrong effect or there was any reason to believe legal carry was a bad idea.

Rtc.gif

This information is actually published by the leftist wikipedia, there is more here http://en.wikipedia....ki/Gun_politics .

In an argument against gun control, the National Center for Policy Analysis, a non-profit conservative think tank, reported the following statistics:[145]

• New Jersey adopted what sponsors described as "the most stringent gun law" in the nation in 1966; two years later the murder rate was up 46% and the reported robbery rate had nearly doubled.
  • In 1968, Hawaii imposed a series of increasingly harsh measures and its murder rate tripled from a low of 2.4 per 100,000 in 1968 to 7.2 by 1977.
  • In 1976, Washington, D.C. enacted one of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation. Since then, the city's murder rate has risen 134% while the national murder rate has dropped 2%.

Please provide an example where upon anyone here gave the impression that they "want to walk around with pistols in their pockets"?. I assume you mean someone gave the impression they want to do this while residing here?.

Don’t be absurd chap.

So Ruger. Are you trying to say you want to head across the pond, so you can tuck a Desert Eagle in your waistband before you take Rover for his walk?

I don't understand why you are quoting us evidence that indicates less guns = more crime.

So ScotsAlan, are you just trying to say that you lack the intelligence for a sensible debate?.

Please. Read the thread.

I have re-read the thread. And ok, your not saying you want to be able to walk down Strand Street with a gun in your pocket, but you do seem to be digging up articles and quotes that appear to be anti gun control. Then, after quoting, your not saying if you agree of disagree with them.

I'm confused. But no matter.... that's not unusual :-)

Fair enough. Basicly throughout the thread I've just been disputing several common claims regarding 'weapons', as others have done I try to provide evidence to suport my arguments. I would have just thought the connection between the quotes and my arguments was relatively clear.

I'm for effective gun control, which largely our systems are. Completely against many forms of gun control, such as the supposed gun free zones in the states as they have proved to be nothing but killing fields. The gun free zones have provided the largest examples of the failures and oversights present in these ridiculous ideas, and is why I have such dislike for suggestions that restrictions like these, in places like these, are a good thing (Ref. post #13 where this started, as I say sarcasticly or not its a common idea). They, like the examples provided in post #62 above, nothing but backfire on the people they were there to protect.

Archived