Tony Blair To Visit The Isle Of Man

partypolitics

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this is just spiteful...

The Order will come into effect at 8.45 a.m

What's wrong with 9am when people have got to work!

Personally, I don't mind the visit. Seems appropriate that the British Isles Council should rotate hosting rights between the participates.

So what happens on Friday morning if Mannanan decides to protect from these invaders with his cloak? It seems a distinct possibility at the moment. All that painting of the Villa Marina columns this afternoon in case a camera happens to settle on them would be wasted. Wouldn't it be such a shame?!!

Blair is not coming

He's at Checkers - meeting with some people from the E.U

Great so we've got Two Jags.....

Why all the security....he likes a good fight!

He could still do both. Less than hour in a helicopter from Chequers to Isle of Man.

The security is keep old Two Jags in the Villa in case he runs amok round the streets of Douglas...

The security is keep old Two Jags in the Villa in case he runs amok round the streets of Douglas...

Classic reply!

I doubt he will come from Checkers....since its meant to start in the morning and ends by around 4pm.

That it is a shame, it would have been nice for him to see where all his ministers are doing their "tax planning".

Never thought I would see armed police on the streets of Douglas.

Thought I saw old two jags amongst a group of bigwigs piling into the Sefton earlier tonight.

Amusingly, my boss always parks round the back of the sefton, and went to get his car about 4pm today only to discover the road closed and no cars there, only police. His car had been 'removed' to hills meadow, so I got an hour off while he collected it :)

I want to know what they're doing about the beach, the tide should be pretty much out most of the arvo..

Two Jags came in from Gatwick earlier this evening. I doubt all this fuss has been just about him. Saw special services taking up positions in Central Appartments earlier on today and more undercover security at the airport and Sefton Hotel. There is even guys patroling the beach! Does anyone realy give a toss?

The people who are involved in this meeting could of just as easily flown in had done thier business and cleared off afterward without drawing so much attention as to make it a security issue.

President Blair or what? <_<

Cabbies were informed of the arrangements some time ago and, though obviously not happy, accepted them - even though, unlike the shopkeepers in the area, they won't be compensated for any loss of trade.

Saw special services taking up positions in Central Appartments earlier on today and more undercover security at the airport and Sefton Hotel.

How did you know they were undercover? Let me guess: The black suits and sunglasses gave it away! :rolleyes:

Nice to see that Tony thinks spending time at Checkers is more important than dealing with the future of the British Isles. Once again he shows he hasn't learnt, even though he claims he has.

Oh be serious :)

The Council doesn't actually do anything important. Or, at least, - the pretend primary reason for it's existence and the real reasons for it's existence are completely different.

It's the political equivalent of a team building exercise. A made up task created in order to get people to work together.

The Council exists, in reality, to give Sinn Fein and the Loyalists a sense of what it's like to sit at the top table. And to show that that if they behave then they'll be included in important matters. And to give them a sense of involvement in wider politics. It was created as part of the NI Agreement.

The rest of the states (Scotland, Alderney, the Isle of Dogs etc) are only there to bring up the numbers.

It's like an important inter - governmental body without actually being one. They have to scratch around looking for things to talk about - because the one thing that they don't talk about is the reason why the body actually exists. They don't have to agree policy. Because they don't make policy. It isn't even a think tank - in the sense of formulating policy documents. So they don't have to agree on anything (which at least two of the parties aren't very good at).

Archived