Tony Blair To Visit The Isle Of Man

partypolitics

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was talking to one of the police officers today, and he said that Tony Blair isn't coming over today as he is in hospital, mentioned something about a slipped disc

I heard on the news last night that he has been let out of hospital and has just been given some anti-inflamitary tablets so who knows, he may be over today

ans you mis spelt nob on your icon.

--------

Here at The Central Apartments at the bottom of Broadway, there's been a great 4 day spectacle of the preperations for the British Irish Council. Drain checking, security experts ready to abseil down the Villa, and four permamenet police offers on patrole whilst a 9 year old girl was attacked elsewhere in Douglas.

And after all that not only did Tony Blair send John Prescott instead of coming himself, come 1:45 the roads are opened and the emegency services are packing away. What a waste of time and money!!!

it's a time old tradition of bobbies on the beat.  The Isle of Man Constabulary should give it a whirl sometime.

No its not. How can police patrol every street, let alone back alleys. Your talking out of your arse.

You still haven't given me a feasible answer as to how you propose to have stopped a 9 year old girl being approached down a back alley.

Talking out of my arse for having an opinion that it is a waste of time for 4 officers to be stationed at the Villa Marina when there are crimes being committed, well excuse me but then out of my arse I shall continue to talk.

Police on the beat act as a deterrent to crime, plain and simple. I never implied they'd stop that particular crime. If you have a different opinion, fine, but I'd rather have four officers I help pay for out stopping crime, not stood outside the Villa Marina all day, and I'm sure they feel the same.

Your argument portrays the Police force purely as a post-crime investigation team rather than a tool for the prevention of crime.

I never implied they'd stop that particular crime.

So why mention a particular case? Yes a waste of resources is worth a mention, but whilst they were outside of the Villa, please could you provide a list of all the crimes commited during that time that you think could have been prevented.

As your website says:

Like to rant and moan about anything and everything.

So it would seem.

Archived