Breivik Trial - I Can't Bear To Look At That Man

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been better if the Norwegian police had dealt with him definitively on the day - can't imagine if he'd tried to do something similar in the US or even the UK that he'd have survived to trial.

That is not the way to deal with the mentally ill.

Firstly Aquarius he's been declared sane.

Secondly, I think it is the way to deal with mass murderers, whether or not a psychiatrist declares them insane. You could argue that any indiscriminate killing is a form of mental illness since no mentally stable person would carry out such an act. For me that's pushing the definition of mental illness too far.

He's bad, not mad. Had he been killed on the day his victims' relatives would have been spared this charade.

Firstly Aquarius he's been declared sane.

Secondly, I think it is the way to deal with mass murderers, whether or not a psychiatrist

declares them insane. You could argue that any indiscriminate killing is a form of mental illness since no mentally stable person would carry out such an act. For me that's pushing the definition of mental illness too far.

He's bad, not mad. Had he been killed on the day his victims' relatives would have been spared this charade.

As you say no one in their right mind would carry out this level of nastiness. Not in my opinion anyway for what it's worth.

If he had been killed on the day, the relatives may well have felt cheated?

Personally I think death is too easy for people that carry out this type of crime. No need to think about what they have done, no suffering - death is a cop out. That's why I don't believe in the death penalty. I am lucky my children are safe and well and this will probably teach me to be very cautious about sending them on school trips! If I was the parent of one of the murdered children I may think differently but I don't agree with you - if he is sane then let him pay the price, if he isn't this won't make a jot of difference to him.

Archived