Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Nope - he means he's played with a rubber duck in the bath in between wanks and is now an expert in all matters maritime.............not unlike Bazza

Piebaps, have you been spying on me again while in the bath and I do not have the good fortune to possess a rubber duck although I have had the pleasure of owning several seagoing vessels ;)

• 1 month later...

It was poor I think only to get a text message at 6.30 this morning to tell me they had cancelef the 7.30 sailing to Liverpool. Surely the weather forecasts these days tell the Steam Packet what it’s going to happen much further in advance.

• Like 1

Guy at the steam packet told me that the issue was the swells in Liverpool around lunchtime meaning the vessel wouldn't be able to return he was hopeful this afternoon's sailing would go. As for the Ben I heard there had been a small fire but not sure how accurate that is.

31 minutes ago, WKRP said:

It was poor I think only to get a text message at 6.30 this morning to tell me they had cancelef the 7.30 sailing to Liverpool. Surely the weather forecasts these days tell the Steam Packet what it’s going to happen much further in advance.

it says technical issue on the racket site unless that is code for weather.

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

Don't worry, I'm sure that if it happens again they'll send Marilyn Monroe round to your house three weeks in advance to sing you the cancellation personally in the JFK Happy Birthday style

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

Especially since IOM weather people were quoting 6 to 8 gales yesterday.

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

Don’t worry now we taxpayers own the SPCO, we should up to date reliable weather information, not based on SPCO sticking their finger in the air to test the wind. Manx Radio, the Isle of Man Government Proaganda arm put a news article on its website at 06.57 advising of the cancellation.