Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

22 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But it still would not be classed as a fast trip as in fast craft

i don’t know all the costs involved but I reckon they/we would lose revenue just taking cars 

is there not some blockage on freight in that part of Liverpool ?

I did many crossings on the Peveril /Jaguar and they were slow by any standards 

No, it wouldn’t be a fast craft, by definition. And your post under answer didn’t raise speed, just docking.

I don’t know whether they’d lose revenue. Presumably the same number of cars and passengers would be carried. Costs would be less, a conventional craft would burn less fuel.

Its not blockage, it’s the fact there is no marshalling space.

The Peveril/Jaguar are neither Apple nor orange compared to ropax and a fastcraft. You can’t compare.

The big advantage of two more or less identical ropax is back up, longer life because you swap them around out of peak season, and you have one set of spares.

Edited by John Wright

3 hours ago, LightBulb said:

Does that mean we ( the manx tax payer ) now own three boats, and still have the shelves empty in Tessco`s, and can`t get off the island ?

No, we rent Arrow from Sea Truck in Heysham

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

No, it wouldn’t be a fast craft, by definition.

I don’t know whether they’d lose revenue. Presumably the same number of cars and passengers would be carried. Costs would be less, a conventional craft would burn less fuel.

Its not blockage, it’s the fact there is no marshalling space.

The Peveril/Jaguar are neither Apple nor orange compared to ropax and a fastcraft. You can’t compare.

So after insisting that the SPCo used a fast craft for shoppers etc to ensure a “day” trip, it would be ok to change that and put on a slower boat?

We need a linkspan in Liverpool for all our needs and get rid of that shi@ hole Heysham 

Edited by dilligaf

........oh gosh, the Peveril! What a tub, many, many rock and roll trips with wagons on that thing and the galley, usually with an open door opened straight on to the small driver's lounge, totally nauseating.............

...has the Ben been in to Heysham or not? I've checked AIS and it appears to have just turned round and come back..............

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

So after insisting that the SPCo used a fast craft for shoppers etc to ensure a “day” trip, it would be ok to change that and put on a slower boat?

In summer you could station and roster boats so a day trip was possible.

Its not much faster now they’ve slowed down Mannanan 

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

........oh gosh, the Peveril! What a tub, many, many rock and roll trips with wagons on that thing and the galley, usually with an open door opened straight on to the small driver's lounge, totally nauseating.............

...has the Ben been in to Heysham or not? I've checked AIS and it appears to have just turned round and come back..............

Yes, 2 hour delay getting in.

• Like 1

In summer you could station and roster boats so a day trip was possible.

Its not much faster now they’ve slowed down Mannanan 

Don't like to show my stupidity but how would that work with twice daily Heysham runs ? ( and two Liverpool one too )

Edited by dilligaf

2 days cancelled, 2 days disrupted, and still it continues

Sailing Update issued at 08:13

Following further repairs and delays to the Ben-my-Chree from yesterday the following sailings will have a delay.

Douglas – Heysham 31st July at 08:45hrs – This sailing will now have a further delay with an estimated time of departure of 11:00hrs. Passengers are asked to check in no later than 10:00hrs.

Heysham – Douglas 31st July at 14:15hrs – This sailing will have an estimated time of departure of 15:30hrs. Passengers are asked to check in no later than 14:00hrs.

For further information on our sailings please visit our website.

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Don't like to show my stupidity but how would that work with twice daily Heysham runs ? ( and two Liverpool one too )

You base one boat in Liverpool. One, of more, day a week both boats sail to/from Liverpool. So that day the Ben2 would leave IoM for Liverpool at 07.00. Return at 14.00. Then go to Heysham on normal schedule. Ben3 would do Liverpool IoM at 08.00, return at 13.30, then another trip back from Liverpool at 19.00. 7 hours ashore. Next day Ben3 could do Belfast or Dublin in morning and afternoon, back to Liverpool in evening. The only fixed sailing really has to be HEY- IoM at 02.00 approx, to tie in with distribution in UK and IoM to get food to shops JIT within 12 hours of leaving a UK distribution/logistics centre.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You base one boat in Liverpool. One, of more, day a week both boats sail to/from Liverpool. So that day the Ben2 would leave IoM for Liverpool at 07.00. Return at 14.00. Then go to Heysham on normal schedule. Ben3 would do Liverpool IoM at 08.00, return at 13.30, then another trip back from Liverpool at 19.00. 7 hours ashore. Next day Ben3 could do Belfast or Dublin in morning and afternoon, back to Liverpool in evening. The only fixed sailing really has to be HEY- IoM at 02.00 approx, to tie in with distribution in UK and IoM to get food to shops JIT within 12 hours of leaving a UK distribution/logistics centre.

I felt dizzy reading that.

Edited by Lxxx

Ever thought of applying to the SP as their logistics coordinator...