Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

10 hours ago, Happier diner said:

There's more?

Yes, but apart from the door locking system for the Exec Lounge, which has never worked, I'm not too sure what else there still is - I haven't been round looking. 

It seems there's something new every time I get on board, anyway.

42 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Yes, but apart from the door locking system for the Exec Lounge, which has never worked, I'm not too sure what else there still is - I haven't been round looking. 

The Exec door lock worked for me on my last two return trips. 

13 hours ago, Kopek said:

Irrespective of the silt, dredging, draught, wind, freight and what has gone on in the past, more reporting of the problems is not a good impression of the SP performance?

so if the reporting stops does the SP performance improve ?   😁

11 hours ago, cissolt said:

Blue staircase lift was a big inconvenience for me due to having to traipse across the slippy deck with my crutches.

I do like that big airy staircase in the middle of the boat. Seems reminiscent of a modern take on the old pictures of Titanic. Classy.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, monasqueen said:

Stupid system where you have to get a key card from the Executive Lounge to gain access and leave it when you leave. 

8 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

The Exec door lock worked for me on my last two return trips. 

That must have been a while back. They've tried to fix it so that the Exec Club membership card operates the door (like it did on Ben !) but every time they got it working for the card, it upset another system on board, so they had to go back to temporary cards, as described by 2112.

4 hours ago, monasqueen said:

That must have been a while back. They've tried to fix it so that the Exec Club membership card operates the door (like it did on Ben !) but every time they got it working for the card, it upset another system on board, so they had to go back to temporary cards, as described by 2112.

door cards are only teething troubles

5 hours ago, monasqueen said:

Beginning of last month.

The Steam Packet put out a tweet earlier today about the lack of drinking water:

though there's nothing to admit that this is an ongoing problem or that previous sailings have been affected.  Manx Radio picked up on the story "after passengers shared their concerns", though as usual they seem to have needed some sort of permission to publish.

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The Steam Packet put out a tweet earlier today about the lack of drinking water:

though there's nothing to admit that this is an ongoing problem or that previous sailings have been affected.  Manx Radio picked up on the story "after passengers shared their concerns", though as usual they seem to have needed some sort of permission to publish.

Thanks.  The water on the boat was working just not for consumption, I assumed some kind of contamination has taken place.

I see from the webcam that the Manxman is back on KE pier and the timings seem somewhat better and compatible with those of the Ben - does this mean all is back to normal or is another bout of retimed sailings possible in a couple of weeks when we reach the similar stage of a new lunar month.

Still find it surprising that the concrete gounding for Manannan on Victoria pier would have been designed such that the Ben would have been inconvenienced at some tidal conditions if the KE ramp had been out of action Edited by Frances