Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

I was on the boat from Heysham yesterday afternoon.  We got away early, cruised at 20 kn and got in well ahead of schedule.

I did notice some shuddering quite regularly and didn't know if that was the way we were hitting waves or the structural resonance that others have talked about.  Other than that, no complaints.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Apparently we are being misled.

It seems the real truth is that they ran out of water and unsafe chlorine levels got in the system and it’s a bit of a problem for them. Nothing to do with ‘air’.

Never believed the air theory  anyway . I did hear about contamination though .

I see tonight's boat + return from Heysham are cancelled - so no papers tomorrow + a rush on M&S as tomorrow morning's boat is possibly also cancelled - also Manxman is berthed alongside the Victoria Pier (Manannan's usual home) is this because the KE pier which it has been using for this week is no longer fit for purpose or possible wind direction problems or will it head out to safety in Ramsey Bay ?

Is there any news of the Ben - at least that would normally guarantee a boat in the morning.

3 minutes ago, Frances said:

I see tonight's boat + return from Heysham are cancelled - so no papers tomorrow + a rush on M&S as tomorrow morning's boat is possibly also cancelled - also Manxman is berthed alongside the Victoria Pier (Manannan's usual home) is this because the KE pier which it has been using for this week is no longer fit for purpose or possible wind direction problems or will it head out to safety in Ramsey Bay ?

Is there any news of the Ben - at least that would normally guarantee a boat in the morning.

The Ben is still in Belfast and the Manannan is in drydock in Birkenhead.