Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

17 hours ago, Banker said:

We don’t pay for cargo just the patient travelling, Logan air charge for cargo and in fact IOM Post office send items via plane everyday, it’s for urgent time critical items and quite a few businesses use it. Anyone can use it and details have been published many times but of course facts don’t fit the  agenda of some

So where can I find this "published many times" information? When I spoke with an IOMPost operations person very recently they were adamant that no such air service is available.

Only available at Douglas POHQ counter on request for residents, online for business customers.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit

22 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

I often receive no paper mail at all during the course of a week, maybe longer.

Why am I not surprised? Spaniels are not known for corresponding by mail.

Seriously, I would think most people are the same. The post, when it comes, is pretty much all junk mail that would be better off not being sent at all.

1 hour ago, asitis said:

FFS get the Ben out of mothballs and get on with running a ferry service !

From my minimal understanding, the Ben is fully crewed anyway right now? As it's legally required to be so?

We have 3 passengers boats with only one operating at this time of year and yet neither of the other two are capable of running rescues to the schedule? Astounds me.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

From my minimal understanding, the Ben is fully crewed anyway right now? As it's legally required to be so?

We have 3 passengers boats with only one operating at this time of year and yet neither of the other two are capable of running rescues to the schedule? Astounds me.

Fast craft still having work done (or soon to have work done). 

Not sure about the Ben. It's been mentioned some certificate or something might need renewing.

Hopefully Arrow will be underway soon.