Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Update on the Liverpool – Douglas 25/08/14 20:30. This sailing has now been cancelled due to Technical Issues. All passengers will be transferred onto alternative sailings, currently our Liverpool Terminal staff are dealing with all affected passengers.
  • Like 1

My son has been sent to The Thistle Hotel, along with many others but on arrival they don,t have enough rooms so have offered them to sleep on their conference room floor or to go and find a hotel somewhere else not much hope at this time of the morning. No indication of a sailing in the morning. Not very happy with the steam packet.

*** Sailing Information Update: MANANNAN Technical Issue - updated at 08:02hrs 26.08.2014 ***

The Manannan is currently in Liverpool due to a technical issue. Assuming the problem can be rectified, Manannan will depart Liverpool at 12:00hrs. Please check-in by 11:00hrs. An actual departure time will be issued once confirmed.

We appreciate that there are concerned passengers and family members, a text message update has been sent to those affected by this disruption.

Gotta love the 'assuming the problem can be rectified' line.

My son has been sent to The Thistle Hotel, along with many others but on arrival they don,t have enough rooms so have offered them to sleep on their conference room floor or to go and find a hotel somewhere else not much hope at this time of the morning. No indication of a sailing in the morning. Not very happy with the steam packet.

According to posts on Farcebook the festival goers were asked to sleep on the conference room floor whilst other passengers were allowed a proper hotel room, after kicking up a stink they've now changed their tune and I believe everyone now has the option of a hotel.

If only they had another boat under charter that could take the freight while the Ben took the passengers in the busy periods like TT and The Festival of MotorPrix.

Say, I dunno, for the next 4 years or something, as a target date. I'd be all a quiver staying in Liverpool overnight. Nottingham would be better. There used to lots if ARROWS flying about in Nottingham.

There's an idea.

Edited by x-in-man

According to posts on Farcebook the festival goers were asked to sleep on the conference room floor whilst other passengers were allowed a proper hotel room, after kicking up a stink they've now changed their tune and I believe everyone now has the option of a hotel.

police and riot vans needed last night for the festival chavs, no doubt the parents are proud

• Like 1