Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

I can't help thinking we have overpaid in a big way to free ourselves from the Racket !

New ships should have been a priority, not seeing an investment company right ! Dress it up any way you like but the financial side of this is not a good deal !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, asitis said:

I can't help thinking we have overpaid in a big way to free ourselves from the Racket !

New ships should have been a priority, not seeing an investment company right ! Dress it up any way you like but the financial side of this is not a good deal !

it's better than the power station though,  at the moment.

4 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Hopefully they will see there is an advantage to having two interchangeable multi purpose vessels in the fleet going forward rather than the obsession with fastcraft and have some back up plan in place

And still do the Liverpool run?

where would a big ro ro dock then and don’t say Birkenhead

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

And still do the Liverpool run?

where would a big ro ro dock then and don’t say Birkenhead

You don’t have to carry freight on Liverpool runs. It’s possible to build a ro ro with a secondary side door and ramp.

So to answer the question, Dilli, the new terminal that IoM G has bought the land for and is to develop as the new IoM terminal in Liverpool.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You don’t have to carry freight on Liverpool runs. It’s possible to build a ro ro with a secondary side door and ramp.

So to answer the question, Dilli, the new terminal that IoM G has bought the land for and is to develop as the new IoM terminal in Liverpool. 

But it still would not be classed as a fast trip as in fast craft

i don’t know all the costs involved but I reckon they/we would lose revenue just taking cars 

is there not some blockage on freight in that part of Liverpool ?

I did many crossings on the Peveril /Jaguar and they were slow by any standards 

Edited by dilligaf

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Even if it's not allowed to carry freight why would it need to be a side loader?