Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

9 minutes ago, pongo said:

Dry run for Brexit.

After next March it's back to mince and potatoes with stewed cabbage. And every day will be like a wet Sunday night on the Isle of Man in the early 80s.

only if you shop at a tax dodging german supermarket......

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, Gizo said:

As an aside. Anyone on twitter go to BBC Archive and date 24th July. Wonderful film of three old biddies doing the Llandudno iom ferry service.

I’d embed but no idea how or this forum ain’t the easiest to attach links. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04mpdqt/holiday-of-my-lifetime-with-len-goodman-series-1-1-dave-myers

May have to sign in to view. But I tried to help.

Actually it may be something completely different, (as Monty Python would say)

Edited by dilligaf

5 hours ago, pongo said:

Dry run for Brexit.

After next March it's back to mince and potatoes with stewed cabbage. And every day will be like a wet Sunday night on the Isle of Man in the early 80s.

Quite enjoyed a few of them to be honest :ph34r:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Nothing else could more clearly define the difference in pace between a commercial operation and the pace that IoMG operates at, IMHO.

• Thanks 3

I still think the deal doesn't add up and stuff like this appearing in the timeframe makes me even more suspicious of the indecent haste in which the company allegedly had to get the deal done ! The taxpayers are in for a terrible gouging imo !

• Like 2

Is it a bombshell? Didn’t we know this was happening? It’s not linked to the share purchase in any way, shape or form.

Good news, SeaCat to Heysham is an hour less than to Pierhead, so can cross even faster, up to 3 returns per day.

Joking apart it means that the impetus will be on for two multipurpose RoPax.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:39 PM, pongo said:

They were fucking ace. When they still closed the pubs in Winter we used to go to the pictures and stuff like that. And we got stuff like chilli these days to put into the stewed cabbage and potatoes. Healthy food, healthy social life, away from the pub. Win win win.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Is it a bombshell? Didn’t we know this was happening? It’s not linked to the share purchase in any way, shape or form.

Good news, SeaCat to Heysham is an hour less than to Pierhead, so can cross even faster, up to 3 returns per day.

Joking apart it means that the impetus will be on for two multipurpose RoPax.

Whilst I don’t mind Heysham, I prefer Liverpool as easy to get to other places. However, Impetus, Speed, Time and Essence aren’t something that IOMG are familiar with. I would imagine LCC are fed up with IOMG procrastinating so are forcing this issue. More additional costs to IOMG. Fiasco!

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Whilst I don’t mind Heysham, I prefer Liverpool as easy to get to other places. However, Impetus, Speed, Time and Essence aren’t something that IOMG are familiar with. I would imagine LCC are fed up with IOMG procrastinating so are forcing this issue. More additional costs to IOMG. Fiasco!

If the SeaCat can do 2 hours to Heysham you can be anywhere, even the pierhead, faster than sailing to Liverpool, as long as you have a car.

Whats it got to do with LCC?