Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

7 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Sounds great 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisk_Group

“In April 2019, Sisk was removed from the UK Government's Prompt Payment Code for failing to pay suppliers on time.” 

Slightly off topic but didn’t you tell Manx Forums to get stuffed? What’s brought you back?

On 9/3/2019 at 6:03 PM, MrPB said:

I made only 4 posts last night for the record John. As for the consequences of posting you sent me a message and banned me the last time for merely not accepting the trolling I was getting from Dilligaf and for suggesting his subscription was why he seemed to be able to get away with his constantly abusive behaviour. Nothing’s really changed. It seems that anyone who dares respond to that prick in kind is more likely to get banned than the serial shouter, abuser and childish bully that you obviously let post on these forums despite the fact that they seem to have been banned more times than Lance Armstrong. So now once again you issue a similar edict to me for responding to another serial troll and abuser like Dilligafs bum-chum Neil Down. Another sad pathetic online troll and regular MF bully and topic derailer.

You know what? Stick your forum up your big fat ass. 

All you have on here are a bunch of sad abusive under occupied geriatrics who get off on trolling and abuse and that’s about it. Nothing sensible ever gets debated and if a sensible debate ever gets started it gets ruined time and time again by exactly the same group of posters. It’s obvious most of the sad bastards on here are hiding under multiple identities anyway so really what is the point in anyone bothering to comment when there’s an army of sad twisted bastards like Dilligaf and his bum-chum who are clearly all best mates with the moderating team who are just allowed to act like total twats 24/7 with little consequences. But if anyone dares argue with them you get warned or banned instead. 

Manx Forums can get stuffed. 

QED. 

https://www.niferry.co.uk/work-well-underway-to-upgrade-belfast-and-birkenhead-terminals-ahead-of-new-ferry-arrival/

Currently it’s the south link that’s being double in height. The access floating road way is being doubled in width. The first new boat arrives around March, with the second one a year later.

Two questions. 

Has anyone ever seen the Ben attached to the northern link? I can’t remember.

Is the plan to convert the northern link once the southern link is operational?

9 hours ago, MrPB said:

What business is it of yours? 

Largely I saw that the awful Dilligaf person had stopped posting. Do I thought some sense might be debated here for once. 

a phrase was posted on here that sums your response up nicely:

You don't half talk some guff

On 9/30/2019 at 7:29 AM, John Wright said:

https://www.niferry.co.uk/work-well-underway-to-upgrade-belfast-and-birkenhead-terminals-ahead-of-new-ferry-arrival/

Currently it’s the south link that’s being double in height. The access floating road way is being doubled in width. The first new boat arrives around March, with the second one a year later.

Two questions. 

Has anyone ever seen the Ben attached to the northern link? I can’t remember.

Is the plan to convert the northern link once the southern link is operational?

Yes she has used the north side before.

There are no plans to convert the north side of the pontoon to twin level loading.  I believe actually this wouldn’t be possible due the the additional weight of loading or discharging anyhow.  

(thanks for the NI Ferry Site share)

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect this is purely 'man down the pub' talk, but I heard the Racket may not have use of the Liverpool Landing Stage next year as Peel Ports want to develop it and that's why they haven't released any of their sailings for next summer (except the TT). 

I know their lease/agreement of the site was up soon, but does it run out at the end of this year or next? 

6 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I suspect this is purely 'man down the pub' talk, but I heard the Racket may not have use of the Liverpool Landing Stage next year as Peel Ports want to develop it and that's why they haven't released any of their sailings for next summer (except the TT). 

I know their lease/agreement of the site was up soon, but does it run out at the end of this year or next? 

In all honesty does it really matter? In the usual Manx Muddle, Fcukups and Grade A mess, what will happen is, the new berthing facility will cost £millions over the original quotation, the Minister and DOI and assorted Civil Servants will totally screw things up, even if there is nothing to screw up, and as usual the taxpayer and Steam Packet user will pay through the nose. The mantra Lessons will be learned will be sung in unison by Tynpotwald and no doubt Beecroft will refer the matter for further scrutiny. 

Worst case scenario is Peel Ports say enough is enough, you have messed around and the new berth hasn’t started yet, we require the landing stage, you can make other arrangements. 

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

expected completion of the liverpool terminal is October 2020

The amount of money that it’s going to cost is staggering, I would expect gold toilets! Somebody is doing rather nicely out of this, and it’s haven’t even started building yet or have they built the road as promised,