Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

2 hours ago, Twitch said:

I’m sure the Manx taxpayers are looking forward to picking up the tab for this.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/heysham-terminal-refurb-to-follow-liverpool-work/

Is this not Peel Port's property and responsibility, surely?

Mind, IoMG and the SPCo do provenly have a very generous outlook when it comes to PP.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Is this not Peel Port's property and responsibility, surely?

Mind, IoMG and the SPCo do provenly have a very generous outlook when it comes to PP.

IOM Government’s generosity knows no bounds when it comes to spending on infrastructure off - Island.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twitch said:

IOM Government’s generosity knows no bounds when it comes to spending on infrastructure off - Island.

Especially when it's not even their own. And even more especially when it belongs to PP.

The Steamie stumped up for repairs to the PP Liverpool landing stage a couple of years ago IIRC, on the grounds that they were the only user?

• Like 1

Long trip

Wednesday, 22 January 2020

• Douglas
    Departed at: 08:36 - Ben-my-Chree
    Heysham
    Delayed: 12:21
  • Dense fog had caused delay to the arrival of the Ben-my-Chree into Heysham Port this afternoon. Unfortunately due to tidal restrictions at the port after 14:30hrs, the Master of the vessel has no alternative but to return to Douglas, the estimated time of arrival into Douglas is 17:30hrs.

I see Brittany Ferries are moving their Ireland Spain route from Cork Ringaskiddy - Santander to Rosslare - Bilbao.

For me that saves even more driving time than going via Portsmouth or Plymouth.

Sail to Dublin, 2 hours to Wexford, and it’s 90 minutes less driving in Spain as well. 

Just need an improved Dublin service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the longest interruption to service I can remember since 1979. Yes the 20.00 on Sunday and 02.15 on Monday sailed. Paul got away and is just setting off from Calais to Basel, his halfway point.

Only one boat each way since Saturday. And later today and tomorrow morning don’t look promising 

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

This is the longest interruption to service I can remember since 1979. Yes the 20.00 on Sunday and 02.15 on Monday sailed. Paul got away and is just setting off from Calais to Basel, his halfway point.

Only one boat each way since Saturday. And later today and tomorrow morning don’t look promising 

Tesco shoppers are apoplectic

• Haha 1