Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

This is the longest interruption to service I can remember since 1979. Yes the 20.00 on Sunday and 02.15 on Monday sailed. Paul got away and is just setting off from Calais to Basel, his halfway point.

Only one boat each way since Saturday. And later today and tomorrow morning don’t look promising 

Didnt they have to airlift food to the island when the ferry could not get to the island .

I do not remember when it was .

17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

M&S airlifted stuff in, but almost everything else was brought in by Mezeron in Ramsey, using containers.

I remember it well. M&S made use of an aircraft that the IOM Fatstock chartered

12 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

I've seen more Ramsey Bakery bread vans out this morning than I knew they had ;-) So there should be bread on the shelves.

It's not just food shortages. Chemists are running short of prescription drugs already.

We're doooomed

But is there any bog roll left? And more importantly, foie gras?

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Armageddon has commenced. 

Could you blame them if they did?I think if I ran a business where some customers only wanted to know me when their fair weather supplies failed, I would be screwing them too. Either that or just supply my normal volume and watch the fun. :D

Edited by woolley

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Remember long days in Ramsey. Bad time for hauliers, but gold strike for Mezeron

Overtime wasn't bad for us either. Downside, had to make a memorable journey on the Silver River from Ramsey to Glasson Dock