Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Normally breaks down TT or Grand Prix so not unusual unfortunately!

No one asked you. I was merely reporting. And it’s neither TT or GP. Go play with Condor and don’t bother reporting back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Still not fixed. This afternoon's 15.00 Liverpool sailing has the following warning - The Manannan is currently running with a short delay. This sailing will now depart from Douglas at 15:45hrs. Passenger are asked to check-in no later than 15:15hrs.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

I know. But you’ve got to remember Banker “thinks” anything CI is better

I never said that , I mentioned somethings they do differently for information!

Just because you denigrate any opinion that doesn’t fit yours doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

4 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Interesting that Guernsey is not having the same cases as IOM and Jersey. Less young people?

All the 2+2 adults visiting  now have to purchase a weeks supply of LFTS at £25 as part of arrival process so I guess many now be doing tests before travel. Also the communication from leaders & public health is much clearer, transparent and frequent so maybe residents take more notice.

• 3 weeks later...

This evenings big news on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece is that the Arrow has broken down again, whilst on charter to CalMac, plying it’s way between a fantasy lalala land and a Fraggle Rock. 

Only last week the new Steam Packet CEO was rubbing his hands at the thought of all the lovely charter fees the Arrow was bringing in. I bet this second breakdown will be causing SP and IOMG to worry. 

8 minutes ago, 2112 said:

This evenings big news on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece is that the Arrow has broken down again, whilst on charter to CalMac, plying it’s way between a fantasy lalala land and a Fraggle Rock. 

Ullapool to Stornoway is a fantastic sailing, you should try it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2112 said:

Only last week the new Steam Packet CEO was rubbing his hands at the thought of all the lovely charter fees the Arrow was bringing in. I bet this second breakdown will be causing SP and IOMG to worry. 

This reporting annoyed me so much I felt the need to complain to the radio, as the implication is that its somehow steam packets fault the ship that:-

They don't own

They don't manage technically

They are not responsible for the maintenance of

They don't provide crew for

Broke down, as ships do from time to time, nothing out of the ordinary.

It won't be causing anyone to worry, it'll just be fixed and IOMSPC may lose a small amount of revenue differential between what they recieve hiring out the vessel, and what they pay out to hire it from owners Seatruck. 

Depend on scope of damages and then length of offhire, but lengthy delays will be insured against anyway.

Total non-story from manx radio.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, b4mbi said:

This reporting annoyed me so much I felt the need to complain to the radio, as the implication is that its somehow steam packets fault the ship that:-

They don't own

They don't manage technically

They are not responsible for the maintenance of

They don't provide crew for

Broke down, as ships do from time to time, nothing out of the ordinary.

It won't be causing anyone to worry, it'll just be fixed and IOMSPC may lose a small amount of revenue differential between what they recieve hiring out the vessel, and what they pay out to hire it from owners Seatruck. 

Depend on scope of damages and then length of offhire, but lengthy delays will be insured against anyway.

Total non-story from manx radio.

The Nation's Propaganda Mouthpiece was also saying how the charter would earn the Packet £250k... so surely they'll be shouldering some of the cost for the breakdown?

Nice contract if they've negotiated all the profit but none of the cost...