Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Can’t believe it didn’t sail last night but went out this morning in a lit worse weather!

It was even worse overnight though.  They didn't want to go out and then get stuck in Heysham till this morning.   It was forecast to quieten down gradually over the day so the weather was probably at its worst when they left.

• Like 1

Big disruption !!?? What the fuck ? Not my post .

surely cant be true ?

Literally just got off the phone to The Steam Packet Company trying to book my daughter on the Ben-My-Chree with a dog anytime during practice or race week. I was told they are taking the boat out of service on May 29th until June 14th. The Mannanan doesn't take pets and they are replacing the Ben-My-Chree with a smaller boat mainly for unaccompanied vehicles. It didn't tell me this on the web site. Perfect timing to ruin travel plans for thousands after two years waiting for the return of the races. They mustn't want that many people to come for it. 😔

Edited by Numbnuts

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, snowman said:

Taking the piss, telling people to travel overnight. It's not as if the daytime sailings are full. People have to provide proof of the flight so it's not open to abuse in any case

Fair doo's,  at least they are offering an alternative ,and at a reasonable price , or after a long  flight or journey would you rather book into a hotel somewhere near the airport and spend another day in the Chaos that  Manchester airport has become  Jeremy has not    taken a job there has he ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Taking the piss, telling people to travel overnight. It's not as if the daytime sailings are full. People have to provide proof of the flight so it's not open to abuse in any case

To be fair it's probably more that people who miss their MAN flight will have not have time to get over to Heysham for the afternoon sailing,  But then you'd expect the Steamie to offer 'the lowest possible price' to all travellers, so it's not exactly a generous offer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair it's probably more that people who miss their MAN flight will have not have time to get over to Heysham for the afternoon sailing,  But then you'd expect the Steamie to offer 'the lowest possible price' to all travellers, so it's not exactly a generous offer. 

The Steam Packet weren’t going to offer daytime sailings at a cheap rate, or are they going to offer a cabin at a cheap rate. It’s not something that the ‘old’ Steam Packet would have done, it perhaps looks like a suggestion from politicians micromanaging from within the Treasury. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s not something that the ‘old’ Steam Packet would have done, it perhaps looks like a suggestion from politicians micromanaging from within the Treasury

Doubt it, most transport operators now do this sort of marketing when a competitor drops a bollock.

And let's face it, foot passenger fares for the 0215 are normally only £20 anyway.

21 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Doubt it, most transport operators now do this sort of marketing when a competitor drops a bollock.

And let's face it, foot passenger fares for the 0215 are normally only £20 anyway.

£45.00 footloose offer.