Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Strange, though, that every thing Liverpool City or Region has been done to budget and on time on the new IoM passenger terminal. That’s the road infrastructure.

And, at the same time as RLBUHT ( not central government ) was building the New Royal, with help, or hindrance, from Carillion, Clatterbridge was building a state of the art combined hard tumour and blood cancer centre on the same health campus. That’s up and running, on time, on budget, and in spite of covid.

I watched them pour the footings and start constructing lift shafts and stairs and floors for the new Clatterbridge,  from my bed in the old Royal in Q4 of 2017. It opened in June 2021

That's kind of my point, there has been a ton of investment into Liverpool and stuff has actually happened. Corruption done right works.

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Strange, though, that every thing Liverpool City or Region has been done to budget and on time on the new IoM passenger terminal. That’s the road infrastructure.

And, at the same time as RLBUHT ( not central government ) was building the New Royal, with help, or hindrance, from Carillion, Clatterbridge was building a state of the art combined hard tumour and blood cancer centre on the same health campus. That’s up and running, on time, on budget, and in spite of covid.

I watched them pour the footings and start constructing lift shafts and stairs and floors for the new Clatterbridge,  from my bed in the old Royal in Q4 of 2017. It opened in June 2021

There's no grand collusion of scouse gangsters. It's just another example of piss poor procurement and project management by IOMG. We, the GMP, have seen our arse yet again due to it. But nobody will be held responsible, be fired or even get a strongly worded email.

• Thanks 4

15 hours ago, Omobono said:

I see Everton are having problems raising enough money for their new stadium at half tide dock in liverpool right next  to the isle of man's white Elephant project , watch this space as it all begins to unravel ,and possibly cost us even more money to complete 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/13/everton-sign-contract-to-complete-new-stadium-construction

"Everton have taken another significant step in the development of their new stadium by signing a main construction contract with Laing O’Rourke. The deal will see the company complete works at Bramley Moore dock and locks in costs for the club, preventing the final bill from spiralling."

In other words, lessons have been learned from the Racket's/IOM Govt's New Terminal, where costs are anything but terminal.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

"Everton have taken another significant step in the development of their new stadium by signing a main construction contract with Laing O’Rourke. The deal will see the company complete works at Bramley Moore dock and locks in costs for the club, preventing the final bill from spiralling."

In other words, lessons have been learned from the Racket's/IOM Govt's New Terminal, where costs are anything but terminal.

I have heard that before!

Saying that Football stadia are quite low risk for cost escalation. 

11 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

No. It sailed there on a test sailing in March 2022.

Light! So not a passenger sailing.

Im aware there were light sailings in 2020 and 2021 so that the masters could keep enough port entries to keep their pilotage qualifications.

• Like 1