Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waiting to board at Dublin. One check in kiosk. No QR card scanner. Having to manually enter every ticket number. Sailing should be now, 11.30. Checked in 20 cars and 10 bikes so far. Didn't open check in until 10.45. Been here since 09.30. 60 more cars and several hundred bikes. Knock on effect for this afternoon's sailing, I reckon it'll be 90 minutes late arriving 

51 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Waiting to board at Dublin. One check in kiosk. No QR card scanner. Having to manually enter every ticket number. Sailing should be now, 11.30. Checked in 20 cars and 10 bikes so far. Didn't open check in until 10.45. Been here since 09.30. 60 more cars and several hundred bikes. Knock on effect for this afternoon's sailing, I reckon it'll be 90 minutes late arriving 

It's called progress!

Was a PIA at Heysham last week. I just rocked up and gave him my surname as I used to. He said he had to see the ticket. Then he said my sailing wasn't showing. Then it was. Thankfully it was fairly quiet.

55 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Traa-dy-liooar

And we’re off. 75 mins late..

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's called progress!

Was a PIA at Heysham last week. I just rocked up and gave him my surname as I used to. He said he had to see the ticket. Then he said my sailing wasn't showing. Then it was. Thankfully it was fairly quiet.

17 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Traa-dy-liooar

They use agency staff. One borrowed Irish Ferries kiosk. 

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Wonder what it is with Dublin today, their airport is in meltdown too.

Been like that for weeks. As bad as Manchester. Chronic shortage of zero hours and low paid staff in catering, cleaning, security, etc, across Ireland. Lots of Eastern Europeans went home during covid and haven’t returned.