Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

Wow, it looks great!

They don't fuck around building stuff in Korea. 

Don't want to speak too soon , but looks like this vessel IOMSPC board & management have procured (with delivery ontime/on budget ?) will do the Island proud.

Now about the Sea Terminal.....

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, b4mbi said:

Wow, it looks great!

They don't fuck around building stuff in Korea. 

Don't want to speak too soon , but looks like this vessel IOMSPC board & management have procured (with delivery ontime/on budget ?) will do the Island proud.

Now about the Sea Terminal.....

South Korea (as a country in general) and this shipyard both seem to take some real pride and passion in their work. 

I wish we lived in a country that did the same. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

South Korea (as a country in general) and this shipyard both seem to take some real pride and passion in their work. 

I wish we lived in a country that did the same. 

I saw a speech from Tony Blair in Cape Town a few years ago, when he was touring Africa for some purpose (in Blair Force One).  Not a massive fan of Tony, but to be fair to him, it was a great speech. 

One of the points he made was about work ethics and governments, he referred to the 'Winds of Change' de-colonisation tour and speeches by MacMillian in the 60s.  At the time, Sierra Leone and South Korea had the same population and GDP, look at them now.  One of those countries has a shit ton of natural resources.  The other doesn't but has a stable government, and educated and driven workforce.  Care to guess which is which? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

After recent procurements by the Isle of Man Public Sector (IOMSPC being pseudo-public sector) anything was possible! 

Thankfully they appear to have done an excellent job. 

I suspect IOMSPC could teach IOMG a thing or two about good procurement and project management.

• Like 3

Just now, Gladys said:

I suspect IOMSPC could teach IOMG a thing or two about good procurement and project management.

Indeed. Speaking to someone from their HQ last week, it sounds like they have some very knowledgeable and experienced people on the books working with some great craftsmen in Korea. 

I wonder when they'll announce the second order for the ferry to replace the fast craft? 

If DOI has been tasked with ordering it then the thing would probably have wheels. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 0bserver said:

Indeed. Speaking to someone from their HQ last week, it sounds like they have some very knowledgeable and experienced people on the books working with some great craftsmen in Korea. 

I wonder when they'll announce the second order for the ferry to replace the fast craft? 

If DOI has been tasked with ordering it then the thing would probably have wheels. 

And fly!