Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Well, it has been gusting 40 kts here tonight. Probably not ideal conditions for the first Heysham docking test.

And now she’s turned around and is heading back towards Douglas. But ETA is now listed as 08.00 tomorrow. No doubt she’ll spend the night going round in circles and figures of 8.

The Heysham Pilot was taken on at around 16.00. Not sure he’s been dropped off.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

The Heysham Pilot was taken on at around 16.00. Not sure he’s been dropped off.

Careful, people will start bitching about what right does he have to have a gander around her.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Maybe the airport will bus passengers to Douglas and try and board them to Liverpool.

I know some who would like to get boat but unsure if it will go as no information other than engineers are looking at but you can’t book it online & can’t get through on phone so going to sea terminal 

Edited by Banker

Following the fire onboard the Fremantle Express off the coast of Holland, that resulted in one loss of a seaman’s life and causing some or all of the remaining crew to jump overboard, has the Steamy changed the way in which they carry electric vehicles. A fire of such intensity on the car deck of the Ben or the Manxman would be a problem, especially if the drenching system could not put the fire out as seems would be the case.  But if that fire happened on the Manannan during a crossing, it could be disastrous. Any dog on the car deck during the crossing would stand no chance. Electric vehicles could be carried open deck on the Ben if space allowed but not on the cat.  To make matters worse the air flow through the car deck from the open front to open rear would fan the flames.  It would seem even firemen are told to let EV’s burn as water cannot extinguish the flames.  

IMG_0577.webp

Edited by Manxman2000
Typo

There have been many ship fires caused by "green" electric vehicles over the past decade. Serious as they burn hot and cannot be put out.

The propaganda machines is pushing them hard, and I estimate maybe 10% here are now electric.

Very soon after a ferry or tunnel incident it will not be possible to travel on a ferry or through a tunnel. Risk is there and insurance rates will rise.

I think electric cars will disappear once their flaws are seen and experienced.

1 minute ago, philwebs said:

There have been many ship fires caused by "green" electric vehicles over the past decade. Serious as they burn hot and cannot be put out.

The propaganda machines is pushing them hard, and I estimate maybe 10% here are now electric.

Very soon after a ferry or tunnel incident it will not be possible to travel on a ferry or through a tunnel. Risk is there and insurance rates will rise.

I think electric cars will disappear once their flaws are seen and experienced.

I had not given tunnels a thought.  Plenty of talk about multi story car parks and private garages as apparently houses have been burnt down by the ev in the garage.  Save the planet, or burn it down.