Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

11 hours ago, The Listening Ear said:

Thought the round the island cruise was Sunday 17th???? 

11 hours ago, The Listening Ear said:

Thought it was Sunday the 17th??

Quite right. Should have been Sunday 17th. Round island cruise. Change over day, manannan was to cover Heysham day time round trip, Manxman the cruise, followed by evening/overnight round trip for first time.

Now looks like weather on Sunday means no cruise. It’ll be too rough for Manannan to do the Sunday sail with its poorly port inner main engine. Ben should be scheduled to cover Sunday/Monday evening/overnight round trip if it’s too windy for Manxman  to get into Heysham but there’s no crew available.

Force 7 forecast.

Interesting times

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

Wasn’t far out ( date apart ). Still not clear Ben will have a crew to cover the morning sail to Heysham )

IMG_4955.jpeg

Who knows if they’ll have crew as the Manxman probably can’t stay tied up due to its weight on the mooring bollards so I assume it’ll go out and shelter again. Although I heard (may be a myth) that the muster list for a full capacity sailing (mode 2) wasn’t submitted to the ship registery for approval as they need mode 1 for normal sailing and mode 2 if at full capacity. 🤷🏻‍♀️

19 hours ago, The Listening Ear said:

Who knows if they’ll have crew as the Manxman probably can’t stay tied up due to its weight on the mooring bollards so I assume it’ll go out and shelter again. Although I heard (may be a myth) that the muster list for a full capacity sailing (mode 2) wasn’t submitted to the ship registery for approval as they need mode 1 for normal sailing and mode 2 if at full capacity. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm still not seeing this adverse weather. Seems a load of fuss about nothing. 

Although it’s not up on the website yet, just a warning that it “might be cancelled” due to weather, a little bird tells me that the weather, especially wind, will be outside the voluntarily adopted and self imposed wind speed operating restrictions for Manxman to enter and leave Heysham overnight. So it will be cancelled.

Of course Ben could cover the service, but there isn’t a crew.

Wonder what excuse the Steam Packet will come up with? It’s not likely to admit they could substitute the Ben, but can’t provide a crew.