Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

1 hour ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Ben didn't do so well, 10 hours at sea. Unable to dock in Heysham despite entering the harbour. Must have been pretty wild the other side of the sea too

Why, Captain: your facts are getting in the way of the narrative that’s already been settled upon…

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Ben didn't do so well, 10 hours at sea. Unable to dock in Heysham despite entering the harbour. Must have been pretty wild the other side of the sea too. 

I bet that was fun. I love rough sailings. Tests you properly :) 

I'm presently on the Mannanan, the Captain warned of a rough crossing before departure, he wasn't wrong. Stated plan was to leave Douglas and turn hard to starboard and sail south to Anglesey then follow the N. Welsh coast up to Liverpool, 4 hours duration. Like a cork in a bathtub with loud crashing currently eminating from the kitchen..... 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So if the fast craft service  is terminated , the new  passenger terminal  in Liverpool will certainly be a massive white elephant ,especially as you cant operate a freight  or night time service from there , 

but the FOI's show the government and steam packet have been discussing withdrawal of the fast craft for ages , then we are told she is likely no to be able to comply with  new emission standards   anyway , 

so how the hell have we not pulled the plug on this berth in Liverpool ages ago and in meantime    built the  Olympic Torch  AKA Manxman  that practically never goes out in wind or after dark , 

some serious questions to be asked here  !!!!

• Like 2

It's a bit like Concorde. 

Improvements and evolution are supposed to make things go faster. 

@Omobono that's what I thought when I read it too.  Isn't the Liverpool terminal supposed to be mainly for the fast craft? 

Edited by The Phantom