Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

5 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

I wonder if she will bob around just off Heysham until the worst of the wind clears. Easier to do that with an empty boat.

Looks like the storm is further to the west of Ireland than was originally predicted, so may not be as bad as forecast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

Looks like the storm is further to the west of Ireland than was originally predicted, so may not be as bad as forecast.

That would be welcome news. I'm trying not to look at the trees, and that wall that isn't a wall that they all sit upon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I wonder if she will bob around just off Heysham until the worst of the wind clears. Easier to do that with an empty boat.

Went on flight to Liverpool this morning & sea didn’t look too bad, doesn’t seem any issues here except Dublin flights cancelled 

4 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Perhaps they were not certain they could dock at Heysham, you can imagine the social media hysteria if people were forced to sit out the storm for 12+ hours in the Irish sea.

Maybe she'll just be better placed tactically for the freight sailing?  Load her straight up with all the emergency bog rolls ready to sail the instant the storm has passed.