Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

Not forgetting there are several telephone networks involved in the process too. And I don't make things up.

What difference does that make? You tell them what number you will be on while travelling, then they issue a mass SMS to all registered numbers for a sailing being altered. It seems to work for hundreds of people, but not you special 'mates'.

They either didn't give a number, gave a Manx number then used a UK sim while away without thinking about it, or put the number in wrong.I'm not sure how any of those are the steam packets fault.

Well it didn't work yesterday for them at least. And no matter how much you grind your teeth or jump up or down or hammer the keyboard or insist that it did work ...that fact won't change.

Don't be silly.

You're post was asserting the steam packet should do more to inform passengers of changes to the schedule. My response was to point out that the system they have works perfectly well for the vast majority and those for whom it doesn't work tend to be people who think it is 'clever' to not give a number, or to give a false number, or are too stupid to correctly type in their own phone number.

What else would you like them to do? check with each passenger before they book if they know you and, if they do, assign a chaperon to the party for the duration of their journey?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Douglas to Liverpool

Manannan

Departure: 15:00

Expected Arrival: 17:45

Due to the forecasted adverse weather, this sailing will now depart at 14:20hrs. Passengers are requested to check-in no later than 14:05hrs.

Liverpool to Douglas

Manannan

Departure: 19:15

Expected Arrival: 22:00

Due to the forecasted adverse weather, this sailing will now depart at 18:00hrs. Passengers are requested to check-in no later than 17:45hrs.

Apologies, I've just seen this.

I was on the Seacat sailing from Liverpool to Douglas on Sunday 5th October. Now, I would like to slaughter the Steam Racket as I have had nothing but shit service from them the last three or four times I have sailed with them. However, on that day they were first class. I received a text informing me of the early departure due to anticipated bad weather and about an hour later I received a phone call informing me of the same as well. I was in a group of six whilst on board and three of us had received a text and a call. The other three had only received a text. Not a bad service considering the boat was fairly busy.

As it happens, the sailing was fine. The bad weather didn't arrive until after midnight.

and again courtesy of Gonzalo !

Liverpool to Douglas Manannan Departure: 19:15 Expected Arrival: 22:00 Due to the forecasted adverse weather, passengers are requested to check-in no later than 18:50hrs for prompt departure. Douglas to Heysham Ben-my-Chree Departure: 19:45 Expected Arrival: 23:15 Possible disruption due to the forecasted adverse weather. A further update will be issued at 16:00hrs.

• 2 weeks later...