Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

59 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Just tried to make our first crossing on the new boat with a cabin. First impressions were all very nice. 

Set off 30 minutes late for some reason that the captain never bothered to explain. 
Compared to the cabins on the Ben this was prettier but had no blankets, no soap, no biscuits and all the coffee sachets were Decaf. Not sure which of that is by design or just sloppiness. 
The “free WiFi” was limited to 100 mb which lasted about two minutes after which you need a voucher. Except they can’t give you one because “the system isn’t working yet”. Pretty pathetic really when it’s been in service for over 7 weeks. 
And then about an hour in the main engine broke down which, for some reason, the captain seemed to believe was due to “circumstances beyond their control”. It was finally repaired at about the half way point at the time we should have been docking….. for about 5 minutes before it went down again. At 1.30 pm Captain announced we were returning to Douglas. 
When I went to the Info desk and suggested they turned on the WiFi for everyone to use to let people know what’s happening apparently “the system is only set up for 100mb each and no-one knows how to change it !!!”
About an hour later they proudly announced that they had reset the system so everyone could have another 100mb….except they hadn’t and it remained out of use. 
Went to the bar for a consolation pint of Guiness and guess what….Guiness was off. 
We finally arrived back after a round trip of 8 hours, most of which spent without mobile or WiFi to contact anyone. To add further insult before letting us off the captain decided to spend a further 30 minutes doing “engine trials”!!
Very nice boat. Very poor experience. 

Apart from those minor issues it was ok though?

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, WTF said:

c'mon VOR  , come defend the shit show , reminder below ,  told you so flags en route ( not by sea obviously )  

P.O.S..jpg

It’s just a teething issue.

If it’s still an issue in six months and having now been identified then you might have a point, but at the moment it’s not a big deal and by dragging up a post from months ago you look a bit special.

18 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

If it’s still an issue in six months and having now been identified then you might have a point, but at the moment it’s not a big deal and by dragging up a post from months ago you look a bit special.

another teething issue if you don't mind  , and that's brylcreem for you.

Edited by WTF

27 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

What like 5 months ago!! So another month and we can all bale in. 

Can’t wait. As the performance of the boat is pretty shite atm. 

Furthermore, tried booking a foot passenger ticket a few weeks ago, it was over £120. I got a cheaper ticket on EasyJet instead. So much for cheaper travel. And the EasyJet flight got me there and back. 

16 minutes ago, Gizo said:

What like 5 months ago!! So another month and we can all bale in. 

Can’t wait. As the performance of the boat is pretty shite atm. 

Furthermore, tried booking a foot passenger ticket a few weeks ago, it was over £120. I got a cheaper ticket on EasyJet instead. So much for cheaper travel. And the EasyJet flight got me there and back. 

You are doing it wrong.

"The main engine broke down" is strange because it's a modular system with built in redundancy.

I guess the journey from Korea was the beta test and what we're seeing is the field trial.

Clearly passengers make all the difference.

Or the weather or poor maintenance or something...