Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

36 minutes ago, Gizo said:

The Olympic flame not going again. Stena has no problem. 

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Plenty of other ferries cancelled around UK including condors new ferry in Guernsey, hasn’t even sailed yet.

As has been pointed out to you before Stenna ferry is much larger & doesn’t go from Heysham , but not like you to ignore facts!! 

2 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I won't even bother posting the wind chart because you won't look. It's the same as the other day, F5 down Dublin way, F7 - F8 here.

Got it yet?

She’s having a jolly round the northwest

IMG_5080.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I won't even bother posting the wind chart because you won't look. It's the same as the other day, F5 down Dublin way, F7 - F8 here.

Got it yet?

Nope. It’s a ship. It sails in high seas. 

how did it get from Korea, fly?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Nope. It’s a ship. It sails in high seas. 

how did it get from Korea, fly?

You really are missing the point, big style.

Entering and manoeuvring in Douglas or Heysham, and staying tied up at Douglas, are the issues in these conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Entering and manoeuvring in Douglas or Heysham, and staying tied up at Douglas, are the issues in these conditions.

I’m not missing the point at all. 

it’s still 80m doing fuck all. Except cruising around the Irish Sea without passengers. 

51 minutes ago, Gizo said:

I’m not missing the point at all. 

it’s still 80m doing fuck all. Except cruising around the Irish Sea without passengers. 

You seem to be confused between docking in heysham port in force 7 and Dublin in force 5 but you’re confused about most things ignoring basic facts 

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I guess the Douglas thing is specific to Easterlys? 

Is that what the harbour works are for? To allow her to remain tied up in this weather?

with the windage she carries  there is a risk she will pull the bollards out of the quayside and do damage in the harbour   she has been snapping mooring ropes like they were made of string , 

until the harbour work is completed  ,you are going to have to get used to her leaving port to avoid weather damage 

19 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I guess the Douglas thing is specific to Easterlys? 

Is that what the harbour works are for? To allow her to remain tied up in this weather?

Not specifically. There are three boats. There are only two spaces in the harbour. So when all are at home one has to moor up on the outside ( north side )  of the Victoria Pier.

That boat has very little protection. Could be bashed against the pier or break moorings. There’s not much room to manoeuvre there, what with Conister etc. you can’t send the SeaCat out in stormy windy weather. Wave operational height is 3m. So it’s either MX or Ben. MX has the better stabilisers and more power to ride it out, is my guess.

• Like 1