Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

3 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I'd read that fire suppression had gone off and they had to disembark all the passengers.

At least the fire suppression works.

Getting a bit overexcited happens to the best of us.

soap blocks should have come  down from  the deck head    similar to oxygen masks in an aircraft , then everyone could have had a shower and felt refreshed ,  I wonder if they have managed to recruit the second electrical engineer that was spoken about , its obviously  too much  technical   work for one man to deal with ,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

no boat again 🙄

Well, you know, if I have the choice between 70ern winds smashing the boat up and putting the crew in danger or getting my Amazon order a day late, I settle for the latter. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Well, you know, if I have the choice between 70ern winds smashing the boat up and putting the crew in danger or getting my Amazon order a day late, I settle for the latter. 

Wise words. ~60 years ago I was caught out on the old lady of man (I think) in 65mph, she was a great boat, sadly so rough even dogs were hurling.

9 hours ago, Banker said:

Well there’s a red warning in place for parts of uk and we’re going to be battered by gales from storm Debi but you go out if you want 

They have said this for the last three storms and each one has not delivered the promised wind or rain quotas. I really like storms, especially going out walking in them. And yet so far, this one is just another windy night with a few heavy showers of rain so far.

• Haha 1

Interesting little gap in sailings in early March.

IoM HEY at 19.45 on Monday 4th. Nothing then until IoM HEY 19.45 on Thursday 7th.

Word is Mx is going in to dry dock on 5 & 6, and no decision has been taken about what will replace her.

Presumably she’ll sail light to Birkenhead, overnight on 5/3 and then to IoM on morning/afternoon of 7/3.

If so that’s a very short dry docking.

IMG_5139.jpeg

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

Wise words. ~60 years ago I was caught out on the old lady of man (I think) in 65mph, she was a great boat, sadly so rough even dogs were hurling.

As a student,  I did sailings from Peel, before the Douglas breakwater provided shelter, down the west coast, dash to North Wales, along the coast, across the Dee and in to the Mersey. 10 hours, I recall. Really up and dow, side to side, tea cups flying. Those trips were on, mainly, Lady, Mona’s Queen, Ben and the Maid. Uncomfortable, but  fun.

Once I did a Dublin trip. Down the east coast, sheltered from the storm, and round Chicken Rock. Then the Lady hit the storm. Struggled on an hour and then the Captain decided to turn and return. 8 hour storm tossed day trip to nowhere. That was the Lady, after half a deck of passenger accommodation had been removed and the car deck extended. Much more uncomfortable.

• Like 1