Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

But in the scheme of things, and on the sailing history of the Ben, it’s very few additional sailings.

As for MX, who knows. Not in service long enough or fully commissioned to have a meaningful data set. Unless the potential windage issues in harbour were known about from the get go and 2 crews being on board at all times was their answer to resilience.

I don't know. Over the Ben years there have been serial cancellations over 2 or 3 days. I tend to remember them because I've had business brought to a standstill by them. Sometimes had to get stuff flown in. No doubt Mexico will be along with a comprehensive list of dates and sea states.........

MX not in service long enough to know yet is right. Your point about crews on board for resilience being a nod to anticipated windage issues is possible. It may even be why they simply cannot afford to lose this industrial dispute. Inner sanctum stuff that will never see the light of day.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

As you well know, its Nautilus members, so bridge, deck and engine room officers.

Other ranks are NUMAST. Not sure how many of them there are. Don’t think they’ve been balloted.

No idea if the Eastern European and Asian catering and customer service staff are unionised. 

Actually, Nautilus was previously NUMAST. Other ranks are RMT which I thought had settled terms with the company.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Actually, Nautilus was previously NUMAST. Other ranks are RMT which I thought had settled terms with the company.

Ah yes. I remember that...

Officers and their ladies.

Sergeants and their wives.

Other Ranks and their women... 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Late getting cars on Manxman tonight...they're (rightly) concentrating on getting as much freight on as possible it seems.

Weather's looking proper windy from today eve till xmas eve now. I hope not too many people get their hols spoiled...but I fear it's inevitable for many.

Severe gales Thursday so that’s definitely a day of cancellation, maybe get away with Friday and Saturday