Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

54 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Please explain?

I thought it would be obvious. Tonight at 20.45 has identical wind, and very similar tide times as 08.45 tomorrow. Not sure about the silt thb but I imagine that will fall in line too. Tonight is no go. Tomorrow is go. 

I admit I could be missing something and probably am. 

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I thought it would be obvious. Tonight at 20.45 has identical wind, and very similar tide times as 08.45 tomorrow. Not sure about the silt thb but I imagine that will fall in line too. Tonight is no go. Tomorrow is go. 

It's dark tonight for maneuvering into Heysham and daylight tomorrow?

46 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Tide will be half an hour different. That can be quite significant. Have you the wind data specific to Heysham?

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Tide will be half an hour different. That can be quite significant. Have you the wind data specific to Heysham?

Maybe you are right. It all started as a question.

Nowt in it wrt the wind and yes looking at Heysham. You might argue tomorrow is actually worse than tonight. However I am not a master mariner and there could be some technically like tidal difference that makes all tje difference  

What's the betting on it not going again tomorrow? In fact what's the betting that's it for Christmas now. 

https://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/heysham

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Maybe you are right. It all started as a question.

Nowt in it wrt the wind and yes looking at Heysham. You might argue tomorrow is actually worse than tonight. However I am not a master mariner and there could be some technically like tidal difference that makes all tje difference  

What's the betting on it not going again tomorrow? In fact what's the betting that's it for Christmas now. 

https://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/heysham

It’s Belfast Sunday daytime so if boats don’t go Thursday to Saturday lots aren’t getting off or coming here for Xmas. 

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Nobody panic buy toilet roll before I've had a chance to please.

Too late, I've got it all already.

I'm offering 4-packs for £25 but I'm not exploiting the situation in any way.

Yours ever,

Michelle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You can always fall back on the military trick.

Take 1 sheet of toilet paper.

Tear it in half.

Tear a hole in the centre; save the circle for later.

Put one's second finger through the hole.

Now clean one's rear, finger up, one swipe frontwards, one to the rear, one for polish.

As the finger is pulled out, wipe the finger used with other side of tissue and throw away the tissue into the toilet.

Take the disc that you punched out - that is for cleaning under your fingernail.

• Haha 2