Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

I'm surprised it's not been done, for a publicity stunt of some sort.

I remember a jet skier in Liverpool going through and under the Mannanan, but that was probably a stunt dreamt up by some scally drug dealer looking for a thrill. I say that because a drug dealer near us didn't know what to do with all her money so bought a flat, and then a speed boat (which was never used, just parked up and gone mouldy). 

31 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I remember a jet skier in Liverpool going through and under the Mannanan, but that was probably a stunt dreamt up by some scally drug dealer looking for a thrill. I say that because a drug dealer near us didn't know what to do with all her money so bought a flat, and then a speed boat (which was never used, just parked up and gone mouldy). 

It can't have been the Manannan as it happened in 1997.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WTF said:

not at 20 knots they can't

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Normally quoted minimum to ski or wakeboard is 20mph. 20 kts is 23 mph.

Tubing say 15mph

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. Water ski boats don't need to go that fast and the skiers accumulate speed by running up slack and then pulling in across the wake.

I've got a RIB.

20 kts you can do on a wake board or double skis. Bigger skis or a knee board probably a bit less, it's all to do with surface area and planing speed. Single ski you'd need to go quicker.

I can do a hydrofoil at about 10! 

IMG-20210613-WA0000.jpg

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

Nearly  3 hours delay on heysham return, not sure if weather related but this evening sailing won’t be going on time!

There’s not enough water. It’s grounded. I’ve family on board ( both passengers and crew ) 

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

wow,  how suitable is the boat again ??

Or how suitable is the harbour? I see Stena have just signed a 77 year agreement with Peel for the use of Heysham, let's hope that it's a catalyst for Peel to extract their digit and indulge in some maintenance to include regular, proactive rather than reactive dredging.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

I thought the drug dealers speedboat were towed in by the sea cat after breaking down? Or was that a different story?