Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

how long will it take before they introduce a 3 mile fishing exclusion zone around Douglas to stop all the cr4p floating around the approaches ?, could you imagine it around Dover ?

yet everyone blames the SPCo for picking it all up :lol:

come on Infrastructure, do something meaningful for a change !

Just won the x-n-man household sweepstake - number of days in service before it breaks.

Woohoo !

Whats holding the Ben up on the other island - prop pitch problem again - err I mean fishing gear wrapped round the prop?

not much, it's just turning around in Douglas harbour :lol:

how long will it take before they introduce a 3 mile fishing exclusion zone around Douglas to stop all the cr4p floating around the approaches ?, could you imagine it around Dover ?

yet everyone blames the SPCo for picking it all up laugh.png

come on Infrastructure, do something meaningful for a change !

For one thing I thing Liverpool is more than 3 miles from Douglas, and for another has it actually been confirmed that it was debris that caused the problem yet or are we still relying on the Steam Racket's usual knee jerk press release absolving themselves of any blame in the situation regardless of what caused it and whether or not they were to blame for it?

The last time it drifted out of control into Douglas Harbour they immediately blamed fishing nets wrapped around the prop despite there being none there. The time before the Seacat being stuck late at night in Liverpool full of passengers was (according to their press releases) of much less importance than some of those passengers being rowdy, despite this being witnessed by no one onboard and no action being taken by the Merseyside Constabulary who were in attendance throughout.

I would take anything the Racket tell you, and in particular that shithouse Woodward, with a bucket full of salt.

• Like 5

The last time it drifted out of control into Douglas Harbour they immediately blamed fishing nets wrapped around the prop despite there being none there.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/ben-my-chree-fishing-gear-was-to-blame-1-7115271

But it was caused by nets...

I don't believe it was "caused by nets" actually. Based on what I witnessed, and the amusing dialogue that I had with Woodward, I would suggest that fishing gear had fook all to do with the Ben hitting the Aoife Rose!

Woody emailed me and said "I confirm that it was a mechanical failure of one element of the CPP system", and he interestingly advised that it was a full 5 days later when the alleged fishing gear was found in the bow thrusters. Below is part of my email to Woody that he replied to:

I can’t help but conclude that the mechanical failure of one element of the CPP system may actually have absolutely nothing to do with fishing gear, as this has not been proven; it is by your admission simply your belief. This belief has been ascertained by the discovery of some sort of fishing gear 5 days after the incident, and could well have entered the two separate bow thrusters at any point after the incident, even in Heysham Port. Furthermore, as expressed earlier, there is a contradiction between your comment to Paul Moulton of the importance of full power to all engines when entering the harbour, your statement below implying that because the bow thrusters weren’t delivering as much power as they should this was a contributory factor to the hard impact with Battery Pier. Yet you then state below that there was no risk in sailing even with reduced bow thrust power, hence your judgment to allow the Ben to continue sailing for a further 5 days before the inspection discovered the gear in both thrusters.

• Like 1

At 1835 the site was updated MB. "Ongoing issues with Water Jet system" apparently?

Sunday, 05 April 2015

Route Vessel Departure Arrival Additional Info

Heysham to Douglas Ben-my-Chree Departed at: 14:15 Expected Arrival: 17:30

Douglas to Liverpool Manannan Departure: 15:00 Expected Arrival: 17:45 This sailing has been canceled due to ongoing issues with Manannan Water Jet system, passengers are being transferred to the 19:45hrs Ben my Chree to Heysham.

Edited by Will Halsall
  • Like 1

Stuck in liverpool after 5 hrs waiting , they offered to coach us to heysham for the 0215. Sailing , didn't fancy that with a young child so booked into a hotel . Does anyone know wether they are likely to rpay up ? Not too hopeful to be honest