Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

"In the event of a cancelled sailing or delayed sailing likely to exceed 90 minutes after the scheduled departure time, passengers waiting to travel on the affected sailing will be offered free of charge snacks, meals or refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time provided they are available or can reasonably be supplied. Unless such cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship, where and when physically possible, such passengers will also be offered free of charge adequate accommodation on board the vessel or ashore, including any transport required from the port terminal to such accommodation where the cancellation or delay makes it necessary for a passenger to stay one or more nights beyond that originally intended by the passenger. Where provided ashore, the total cost of such accommodation shall not exceed a maximum of EUR 80 per night per passenger, for a maximum of three nights.

Unless any cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship, passengers without losing the right to transport may request compensation from the Company if facing a delay in arrival at the final destination. The minimum level of compensation shall be as provided in Regulation 1177, being 25% of the ticket price paid for a delay of a least: [(i) one hour in case of a scheduled journey of up to four hours; (ii) two hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than four hours, but not exceeding 8 hours; (iii) three hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than eight hours, but not exceeding 24 hours; or (iv) six hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than 24 hours.] If the delay exceeds double the time set out above the compensation shall be 50% of the ticket price. In the case of return journeys, compensation for delay in arrival on either the outward or the return leg shall be calculated in relation to 50% of the price paid for the return journey."

http://www.steam-packet.com/termsandconditions/

I would have thought having a young child is an acceptable reason to claim back on your hotel. Note the Euro 80 limit per passenger.

Edited...stoopid phone copied pasted/all

Edited by Albert Tatlock

.............and we can't get through on the phone.................it just says system busy! ermm.gif

I thought Woody had sorted out the phone issues or has fishing gear fooked them up too?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/ben-my-chree-is-currently-being-fixed-1-7025882

30th Dec 2014: Steam Packet chief executive Mark Woodward said:.......................................................When our phone system reaches a certain level of calls waiting, which at times was 60, passengers no longer get the “engaged tone”, which would make it seem like the phones were no longer working.

‘Normally we have enough staff, we don’t get to 60 calls waiting, but because we had skeleton staff, that was a problem..............................................

.................................We are aware of limitations with our telephone system and had already planned to address this, and implement an improved email contact system, in the New Year.

Edited by Will Halsall
  • Like 1

what an utter shambles.........wonder if/when they'll just give up and clear off...........poor front of house staff having to make excuses for these tossers............we still can't get through.

At Christmas it cost me a small fortune with roaming charges ringing the Buggered Boat Company on a Sure mobile from the UK, after eventually getting through I was on hold for 1hr 20mins. We did manage to get half of our return sailing paid for and the 2 nights accommodation @ a max of £55pp per night, however, they didn't offer this, I had to request it but they did pay up within 2 weeks.

ETA: It appeared to me that IOMSPCo. policy was/is not to offer compensation, as some passengers hadn't been offered a jot. If you don't ask you don't get.

Edited by Will Halsall
  • Like 2

What you have to remember is like with most of the Island, there is no money to fix problems. Staff at weekends costs, I don't think thy could get away with minimum wage. Sadly what is really needed to really fix problems is for the Manannan to breakdown during practice week of TT. It may concentrate the minds of authorities and politicians away from parish pump matters to affairs which really affect the Island.

• Like 3