Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

MR news says that the problem is a fault with the propulsion system. That could mean almost anything. It certainly does not mention fishing gear this time.

The initial report mentioned fishing gear and its not the propulsion system its something else. So once again misinformation...............

Edited by Johnny F

My understanding from a good source is, it is not nets or fishing debris, a component is broken. Total misinformation and we still can't get through to re-book through official channels although I have heard the Ben is fully booked 'til Wednesday..................how?

Surely it is on the operator of a service to contact the passengers if it can't provide that service?, not the other way round..............again I say, what a shambles.

If flotsam (or jetsam) causes damage then it's shame on whoever or whatever caused the damage.

Even if it happens a few times.

But there come as a point when it's happening frequently and / or repeatedly as is the case with the Ferry then it's shame on the Ferry service.

This is a matter that the Manx government should now start to play hard ball over.

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

If flotsam (or jetsam) causes damage then it's shame on whoever or whatever caused the damage.

Even if it happens a few times.

But there come as a point when it's happening frequently and / or repeatedly as is the case with the Ferry then it's shame on the Ferry service.

This is a matter that the Manx government should now start to play hard ball over.

The government play hard ball?

I'm sure there's a few ministers have benefited financially from the iom sp, surly they won't want to rock the boat

The Ben took 4 and a half hours to Heysham this morning.

because it had to wait for half an hour outside Heysham (11.59-12.28) before it could get in, you seem to point out the long journey time as if it was some fault of the vessel or company when the more likely explanation is fog (like last night when it had to stooge around going nowhere)

post-1026-0-24334400-1428327607_thumb.jpg