Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

On 2/8/2024 at 3:24 PM, The Phantom said:

Decent tailwind.

Yes we were on it. 3.5hours. That must be a new record for the manxman. Tailwind and full throttle to get into Douglas before the storm.

There was some vibration at the back of the boat but not too bad considering. 

Very impressed with the performance of the boat and its luxury.

On 2/6/2024 at 5:52 PM, John Wright said:

The ignoring/not listening/not hearing is exactly the same on the boat or the plane. Ineffective, but policed on the plane.

The fans are mounted on facing slightly up and one slightly down. And there’s a bloody big hole at the end of the ( open ) deck. 

Isnt the opening sealed from the lower deck?

The fans didnt start until the bow door/linkspan started opening. So if you are on deck 3 and engines running you are sitting in a sealed box inhaling fumes. 

There is a sign just by the lifts on the side wall. IMO it's a small sign. Small text. The dont start your engines until instructed (which is an incorrect message) is at the bottom, just above the skirting board.

The same message as before is on the announcement. The same incorrect message that no one hears and many dont heed.

Better on the return journey. There were fewer vehicles and I only spotted one car running. Fortunately it was a petrol. My wife had no breathing issues this time which is a relief.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Isnt the opening sealed from the lower deck?

The fans didnt start until the bow door/linkspan started opening. So if you are on deck 3 and engines running you are sitting in a sealed box inhaling fumes. 

There is a sign just by the lifts on the side wall. IMO it's a small sign. Small text. The dont start your engines until instructed (which is an incorrect message) is at the bottom, just above the skirting board.

The same message as before is on the announcement. The same incorrect message that no one hears and many dont heed.

Better on the return journey. There were fewer vehicles and I only spotted one car running. Fortunately it was a petrol. My wife had no breathing issues this time which is a relief.

It has a bow door?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The pointy bit is the bow.

@Happier diner

we already know he’s not good at accurate detail.

Tells us there’s no announcement, then says people don’t listen or pay heed, but can actually tell us the wording.

Tells us there are no signs on the car deck, then says there are but they’re too small.

Sounds as if he and his wife ( or she and her wife - mustn’t assume ) sit in their car with roof down or windows fully open ( assumption again - maybe they ride a bike )

On 2/5/2024 at 7:30 PM, Happier diner said:

I didnt see or hear any notices about not starting engines

Get you facts right @John Wright

This is what said. I didnt say there wasnt as announcement and I didnt say there wasnt a sign

I said I didn't see the sign and I didnt note anything from the announcement. If I didnt then it's possible others didnt either. This being evidenced by the lack of compliance with the instructions. 

And, unlike you, I can admit my mistakes. 

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Get you facts right @John Wright

This is what said. I didnt say there wasnt as announcement and I didnt say there wasnt a sign

I said I didn't see the sign and I didnt note anything from the announcement. If I didnt then it's possible others didnt either. This being evidenced by the lack of compliance with the instructions. 

And, unlike you, I can admit my mistakes. 

On 2/5/2024 at 7:30 PM, Happier diner said:

2.I didnt see or hear any notices about not starting engines.

This is actually what you said. 

you must have seen it to be able, now, to say it was small, and you must have heard it to know what the wording was.

Non compliance just evidences not heeding, not failure to hear or see.

• Like 1